Brown or Mompremiere

Hangtyme24

With post being our thinnest position, hopefully we can get both Brown and Mompremiere to sign soon. One would be great as well, as long as neither goes to Uconn lol. I've been searching for videos and more info on these ladies and get the same YouTube vid and info, so i decided to ask my Vol fans here. If we could sign only one, who would fit better? I see Brown is ranked higher, but the one game I saw I wasn't overly impressed. She seemed a little slow. Haven't seen Mompremiere in action but based on the below statements she sounds like the better fit to me. What would these ladies bring to the program and which is a better fit?

KB:: Power post with bulk, consistently finishes in paint; displays average quickness in transition, but size combined with the agility impresses; one-dimensional finisher in paint needs to expand at next level; shot blocker, defender in key. (Olson)

BM:Length, wingspan, shot-blocking presence, timing draw the attention; developing back-to-basket game and physicality complete the package for next-level impact; superb mobiliity; among the elite centers in the class of 2015 (Olson)

Looks like Brown is more of a Highly thought of Player:National Ranking Name Class Position Height State College 1 Te'a Cooper 2015 PG 5'8 GA TENNESSEE 2 Asia Durr 2015 G 5'10 GA LOUISVILLE 3 Katie Lou Samuelson 2015 W 6'3 CA UCONN 4 LaShann Higgs 2015 G 5'9 TX TEXAS 5 Arike Ogunbowale 2015 G 5'9 WI N/A 6 Jordan Hosey 2015 F 6'2 TX TEXAS 7 Marina Mabrey 2015 G 6'0 NJ NOTRE DAME 8 Napheesa Collier 2015 F 6'2 MO UCONN 9 Jessica Shepard 2015 F 6'2 NE NEBRASKA 10 Caliya Robinson 2015 F 6'3 GA N/A 11 DeJanae Boykin 2015 F 6'1 MD UCONN 12 Kalani Brown 2015 C 6'5 LA N/A 13 Destinee Walker 2015 G 5'9 FL N/A 14 Ashley Hearn 2015 F 6'4 TX UCLA 15 Stephanie Watts 2015 W 5'10 NC UNC 16 Taja Cole 2015 G 5'8 VA LOUISVILLE 17 Taylor Murray 2015 PG 5'6 MD KENTUCKY 18 Teaira McCowan 2015 C 6'7 TX N/A 19 Teniya Page 2015 PG 5'7 IL N/A 20 Beatrice Mompremier 2015 C 6'4 FL N/A

I would be happy with either, but I think we have a better chance at Mompremier than Brown. I think Mulkey's Louisiana Tech connection will pull Brown to Baylor. Both her parents played at La Tech, her mother for Barmore.

Like was said above, Brown is a bigger body and possibly more polished right now, but Mompremier has a tad more upside IMO. Like I said, I would be really happy with either.

Reactions: 1 person
I would be happy with either, but I think we have a better chance at Mompremier than Brown. I think Mulkey's Louisiana Tech connection will pull Brown to Baylor. Both her parents played at La Tech, her mother for Barmore.

Like was said above, Brown is a bigger body and possibly more polished right now, but Mompremier has a tad more upside IMO. Like I said, I would be really happy with either.

Both would be good. I don't know what targets Tennessee has for 2016, but they will be short on size after next season. 6'4 and 6'6 to start, with another 6'4 on the bench would be a good rotation for the post, with Dunbar being an option if they want to go smaller at the high post.

They are looking at McCoy and Holmes obviously, but I don't know if or how much of the feeling is mutual. Could be a lot or a little. If we get Mompremier or Brown, I would look for a 2-3 player class with a combination of guards and posts. It won't be one or the other.

IMO, Brown and Mompremier won't go to the same school. However, Tennessee is the common school in each of their finalists.

Mompremier made the USA National team in her age group. That is quite an accomplishment as all of the great players try out. That is a big plus in her ability to help a program immediately. She average 9.5 ppg and 5.4 rebounds for that team playing 18 minutes per game. She made 58 percent of the field goal tries.
She is also this year's Florida Gatorade player of the year. She is 6'4" 180 would be a great replacement for Harrison.

Here is a recent scouting report on her.

Beatrice Mompremier is hard to stop down low. As I tweeted Wednesday during the game, I have to give Miami High coach Sam Baumgarten and his staff major kudos for the job they did with Beatrice Mompremier.

Mompremier, a 6-foot-4 center, has done a complete 180 in terms of her ability to score around the basket. She's playing the backboard very well, she keeps the ball up high, and she's not afraid of contact.

At the rate she's improving, she could end up being one of the best female post players we've had in South Florida since Sylvia Fowles at Edison back in 2004.

Were certainly not a favorite but were in her top five teams.

Either one will be fine with me.

btw Mompremier has a top three not five. Tennessee(whom she visits this weekend), Ohio state(Heard she visited them last weekend) and South Carolina.

Either one will be fine with me.

btw Mompremier has a top three not five. Tennessee(whom she visits this weekend), Ohio state(Heard she visited them last weekend) and South Carolina.

That is great news as hard to believe she would go to SC with their post player logjam. I saw a video of Mompremier and she mentioned Ohio State about three times so I guess they are the team we have to worry about. We really need her she is the best player of the two we are recruiting.

That is great news as hard to believe she would go to SC with their post player logjam. I saw a video of Mompremier and she mentioned Ohio State about three times so I guess they are the team we have to worry about. We really need her she is the best player of the two we are recruiting.

Yes. I believe I saw that video as well. The thing that surprised me was that she said she didn't want to play in the WNBA. Glad that we only have to compete with two other schools, hopefully she enjoys her weekend and chooses Rocky Top. As stated above, I don't think she'll pick SC because they are stacked with posts, and I hope she doesn't select OSU for the sake of being the star. She'd fit well at Tennessee.

I do agree that it would probably come down to Ohio state and Tennessee, hopefully her visit to Tennessee goes great and we are able to get a commitment from her right after.

good to hear that. now i hope we will be getting a commitment soon.

also wanted to know if Beatrice will also visit South Carolina.

She already visited South Carolina IIRC. Tennessee was the final visit for both from what I have heard.

Regarding a commitment, it's wait and see. I'm optimistic.

a little off topic but for 2015-16 the Lady Vols will have six sophomores. Their roster has four players who have an approved year off. SR Graves, Jones, Moore JR Carter, Reynolds and the six DeShields, Dunbar, Middleton, Nared, Russell and Tucker. I think is is doubtful if DeSchields will play more than two years as may Russell. I offer that because it has an impact on how to evaluate playing time and future recruitment

Deshields and Russell will play their full three remaining years, I guarantee it. The WNBA doesn't pay a lot, and neither are on the level of a Candace Parker/Diana Taurasi/Maya Moore to command endorsements and high salaries overseas.

Not using their full eligibility would be crazy.

VN Store

Back