Dangerfield commits to UConn

No respect! I tell ya, we get no respect!

Sorry, it was just floating out there, so I had to spike it.

AV

Reactions: 4 people
Epic failure by Holly, one that will haunt her.....

No, this comment is an epic failure by YOU ,as it has no basis in reality. Either you are delusional or you are just looking for some reason to criticize the coaching staff. (Based on your posting history, I have a feeling it's the latter.) The fact is, no one really expected Dangerfield to come to Tennessee, especially after the commitment of Te'a Cooper. Both Cooper and Dangerfield are elite pure point guards. Both are exceptional. Had both ended up at UT, they would have been competing with one another for playing time, with Dangerfield only one year behind Cooper. Cooper committed first. Once that happened, the chances of landing Dangerfield as well became approximately zero. No one with any common sense actually expected Dangerfield to jump at the chance to attend UT after a point guard as phenomenal as Cooper committed. Could they have both been utilized? Sure. But the friction caused by competing for minutes for three out of four years may not have been worth it and likely could have been more detrimental to team dynamics than having both on the same team would have been beneficial.

Cooper will be outstanding. Dangerfield was not a necessity; she wasn't even close. Posts are far more of a need right now, and that is where the focus is and rightfully should be.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 people
Ah the sanctimonious "guru" raider on high horse as usual. I'm sure you will admit you were wrong when Dangerfield is cutting down nets for Geno. Actually I won't hold my breath....

Geno had players cutting down nets before she got there and probably after she's gone if he stays healthy.

Just like Pat had players cutting down nets for her and would've after if she hadn't gotten sick.

I do believe that the Lady Vols will be cutting nets down in these next few years, even without Dangerfield. No hard feelings, it's just that we have our future PG already.

Reactions: 3 people
Ah the sanctimonious "guru" raider on high horse as usual. I'm sure you will admit you were wrong when Dangerfield is cutting down nets for Geno. Actually I won't hold my breath....

I assume this either means 1) you legitimately believe Dangerfield is more of a game-changer than Cooper or 2) you are merely looking for a reason to criticize the coaching staff, Warlick in particular. If you believe Dangerfield is a better pure point guard than Cooper, explain your reasoning (the fact that she is a Tennessee native is irrelevant). Furthermore, please explain what incentive you believe Dangerfield would have to go to a school where another exceptionally rated, elite point guard is only one year ahead of her. If you are merely looking to criticize, I suggest you search your own motivations and ask yourself why.

The bottom line is, no one realistically expected Dangerfield to attend UT, not after Cooper's commitment. After Cooper's commitment, Dangerfield became far less of a priority for UT, as the need for her was no longer there. I'm not saying the coaches wouldn't have loved to have Dangerfield on the team; I'm sure they would have been delighted if she had picked Tennessee. However, sometimes there's too much of a good thing, and with Cooper and Dangerfield only a year apart, that very likely would have been the case. Of course, those merely looking to criticize won't admit that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Geno had players cutting down nets before she got there and probably after she's gone if he stays healthy.

Just like Pat had players cutting down nets for her and would've after if she hadn't gotten sick.

I do believe that the Lady Vols will be cutting nets down in these next few years, even without Dangerfield. No hard feelings, it's just that we have our future PG already.

Yeah SEC titles are great, but LV's haven't cut down the nets that really matter in 6 years.... not even a sniff. Not bad for most programs, but the greatest Final Four drought in this program's history. And I don't know why people think it would defy the laws of physics for Cooper and Dangerfield to play together. They aren't in the same class, and you need more than one great guard to win....

Yeah SEC titles are great, but LV's haven't cut down the nets that really matter in 6 years.... not even a sniff. Not bad for most programs, but the greatest Final Four drought in this program's history. And I don't know why people think it would defy the laws of physics for Cooper and Dangerfield to play together. They aren't in the same class, and you need more than one great guard to win....

Cooper and Dangerfield are both pure point guards, one year apart. Dangerfield is too good -- and knows she is too good -- to wait in line for three years behind another equally elite pure point guard. It's understandable that she would want to go to a school where she will either start immediately or, worst case scenario (from her perspective), within a year. Tennessee is loaded with very good guards, and will be for a long time to come; Dangerfield wasn't close to being a necessity.

Reactions: 2 people
Dangerfield will play one year with Jefferson, her favorite player, btw and then she will be the starter. It's quite simple, from what I've read it seems that once Cooper committed TN was barely on Dangerfield's radar anymore

Last edited:
Dangerfield will play one year with Jefferson, her favorite player, btw and then she will be the starter. It's quite simple, from what I've read it seems that once Cooper committed TN was barely on Dangerfield's radar anymore

Anyone who honestly expected Dangerfield to come to UT after Cooper committed either has zero knowledge of recruiting or is living in a fantasy world. I was 99.9% certain that Tennessee fell totally off Dangerfield's radar the night Te'a Cooper announced she would be attending UT. This was about the least shocking thing possible. I'm not sure why some fans seem floored by this or feel the need to criticize the coaching staff because of it. Tennessee has already landed a commitment from an elite point guard who is every bit as good as Dangerfield. The greatest need is for posts, not more guards. I realize many will say that the team needs a backup in case of injury, etc. That's a legitimate point. However, I highly doubt either Cooper or Dangerfield would be satisfied being relegated to the role of "backup" for more than a season. You have to consider team dynamics, as well. Too much of a good thing can sometimes lead to very big problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I can see how someone would think this way but you need to understand that's not how recruiting and basketball works. We weren't getting both. End of story.

Reactions: 1 person
I think we recruited her she made her decision we move on. Point guard is not a big need to be a great team. We need some post players that are strong and aggressive. Power players inside. I think we have the guards we need on this team to be successful and make a final four. Our post players are another story.

I think we recruited her she made her decision we move on. Point guard is not a big need to be a great team. We need some post players that are strong and aggressive. Power players inside. I think we have the guards we need on this team to be successful and make a final four. Our post players are another story.

If Holly didn't give her all in recruiting Dangerfield in trying to make her the centerpiece of the class, then she deserves all the criticism and then some. If Dangerfield grew up a UConn fan and it's her dream school that's another story, although that's still a pretty telling indictment on Holly in itself.

Fans can act blasé and shake it off like we didn't want her anyway all they want. Like I said, just wait until she's cutting down nets while Holly is at home in April....

If Holly didn't give her all in recruiting Dangerfield in trying to make her the centerpiece of the class, then she deserves all the criticism and then some. If Dangerfield grew up a UConn fan and it's her dream school that's another story, although that's still a pretty telling indictment on Holly in itself.

Fans can act blasé and shake it off like we didn't want her anyway all they want. Like I said, just wait until she's cutting down nets while Holly is at home in April....
If she is cutting them down it will be because they have the top post players in the nation like they've had every season except when Baylor had Griner. They are cutting them down because of that reason. I am more than satisfied with Cooper as our point guard seen enough film of her to know there is not a point guard out there any better.

Reactions: 1 person
If she is cutting them down it will be because they have the top post players in the nation like they've had every season except when Baylor had Griner. They are cutting them down because of that reason. I am more than satisfied with Cooper as our point guard seen enough film of her to know there is not a point guard out there any better.

Huh? Baylor had the top post player (maybe ever) for 4 years, how many titles did that get them?

VN Store

Back