Soccer questions RE Texas A&M

armchair

Where was Parry in the A&M game? Didn't play and of course there was no comment on her absence on the blog report from the game, which is mostly worthless I'm sorry to say if you are looking for anything but the most basic information--and sometimes even that is missing. Spade, another starter played fewer than 40 minutes and no explanation for that either. They are two of the team's better athletes. How does H. Wilkinson, the team's best player, play 90 minutes, the entire game, and not get one shot? The keeper could have and perhaps should have stopped the first A&M goal, which was a header that went right past her. Perfectly positioned but did not react quickly enough. Can't blame the keeper as we gave up a ton of shots and basically got bossed. Saving that shot wasn't going to alter this game, I'm afraid.

Team has to improve its midfield and back four. Baldwin is a fine player, but she's a true freshman. We hear that the team is quicker and Pensky is improving the recruiting--keep it up--but the team still lacks the overall athleticism you need to be good. The good news is that this team is very young and so has upside--I hope!

Play was poor at best.
They play was disorganized.
The players looke to be slow and completely lost as to what to do.

:no::yikes::whatever::eek::realmad::furious3:

Last edited:
They are definitely a bipolar team. There are games the flow is great and they play well together. Last night they played like an average high school team. I know TAMU is good but they made them look perfect.

Nasty weather last night too. Glad we were able to finally beat y'all, but it was raining terribly. We left and went to play our city league game afterward and it had stopped by then.

Looks like Butch is gonna have to recruit for women's soccer too! The aggetts ran rings around the LVs. :shakehead:

I saw the Vols play Richmond--and they looked good, scored three goals--but then Richmond is average. We we play somebody good we get bossed. We are young, that is one issue, and we just don't have enough dynamic talent and athleticism and cohesiveness in the back and middle of the field to play with good teams. I mean, we've got some talent up front with Wilkson and McClung, midfielder Baldwin was on the Under 20 national team, three or four others with some talent, for sure, but a lot of youth. Need to possess the ball better. The previous coach had a good run for several years but then her recruiting got really bad and now we're rebuilding again. I want us to be good at soccer!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back