LadyVols opinion question

Dave1967

What do y'all think the Ladyvols basketball record will be for the 2014-2015 season? I think they win 25-26 games even though they wont(IMO) be as good as last season.

I disagree, they will be better than last season. 30 regular season wins and I will be disappointed if we don't reach the Final Four

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I say 20-25 wins. They will be about as good as they were last season. Sweet 16 then home.

There are Delusional Lady Vols fans every where.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Chris, I'd like to agree with you, but there are only 29 regular season games. I really don't see the team going undefeated in the regular season, although with the talent on the team it is a slim possibility. Unfortunately, going undefeated requires a focus that this team has so far been unable to show and the coaching staff has been unable to elicit. I anticipate 3-4 losses in the regular season with potentially one more to an unexpected opponent, a la Chattanooga two seasons ago.

Jim

Chris, I'd like to agree with you, but there are only 29 regular season games. I really don't see the team going undefeated in the regular season, although with the talent on the team it is a slim possibility. Unfortunately, going undefeated requires a focus that this team has so far been unable to show and the coaching staff has been unable to elicit. I anticipate 3-4 losses in the regular season with potentially one more to an unexpected opponent, a la Chattanooga two seasons ago.

Jim

I was counting the SEC tourney in my total. Plus I didn't count the total number of games. I guess I should have. 29 regular season games seems a bit low, but maybe I'm wrong. Based on the total of 29, I could see them going 25-4, regular season. I will be disappointed if they don't win the SEC Tourney, as well as making the Final Four. Based on that, I'd say 32-5, Obviously I hope they go all the way.

Last edited:
If we are not better than last season Warlick should be sacked.

The folks who run Tennessee athletics don't care all that much about Women's athletics. Holly will be LadyVols head coach for a long time no matter what direction the program is going.

While there are 29 regular season game, I don't see more than 4 regular season losses. The Lady Vols will win the SECC. That will give them 28 wins (will play 3 games in the tourney). So the Lady Vols will enter the NCAA tourney with 28 wins. Hoping for a Final 4 and hoping that someone will knock out UConn, Stanford. Who knows who the top seeds for the WNCAA will be from each major conference.

I can see about 31 and 5 for the season and tournaments. We probably get to the elite 8 and lose. I think not having enough post players is gonna get us when we get to the elite teams in the NCAA tourney. I think we lose to SC in the championship of the SEC they have some big players inside we probably can't guard.
The losses I see are Notre Dame, Kentucky at Kentucky, at South Carolina, South Carolina in the SEC Tourney, and a loss in the elite 8 of the NCAA tourney. We could also lose at Texas but I gave us that one. I think we beat Stanford at home.
We catch up with SC after this next season with the addition of DeShields, Cooper, and hopefully the return of Russell. This coming season with Turner, Coates, and White they are more talented basically because of their size inside.

I can see about 31 and 5 for the season and tournaments. We probably get to the elite 8 and lose. I think not having enough post players is gonna get us when we get to the elite teams in the NCAA tourney. I think we lose to SC in the championship of the SEC they have some big players inside we probably can't guard.
The losses I see are Notre Dame, Kentucky at Kentucky, at South Carolina, South Carolina in the SEC Tourney, and a loss in the elite 8 of the NCAA tourney. We could also lose at Texas but I gave us that one. I think we beat Stanford at home.
We catch up with SC after this next season with the addition of DeShields, Cooper, and hopefully the return of Russell. This coming season with Turner, Coates, and White they are more talented basically because of their size inside.

I think Tennessee loses to Stanford and Notre Dame also and maybe Texas

I don't see any reasons why they should lose to Stanford at home this season. UConn and Notre Dame are going to be in the final four but the other two spots are wide open imo.

Last edited:
This team should be extremely exciting.....For the first time in 4 years the team will not stand around and wait for Simmons to shoot the ball...She was a great player, but the team was too dependent on her to score.

Reactions: 3 people
wish we had some video of J Tucker playing recently to compare. She just may be the ANSWER! :)

South Carolina, Kentucky, A&M, and LSU may deflate some of the lofty expectations that some Lady Vol's fans have about the upcoming season. Then, there are the very tough ooc games.

There are zero PROVEN 3-point shooters on the roster.

I guess it is good, though, to be Optimistic about your team before the season begins.

South Carolina, Kentucky, A&M, and LSU may deflate some of the lofty expectations that some Lady Vol's fans have about the upcoming season. Then, there are the very tough ooc games.

I guess it is good, though, to be Optimistic about your team before the season begins.

I don't think KY and LSU are going to be a problem for TENN, but SC and TAMU will. SC due to their size and TAMU due to the Courtneys. And none of these teams have proven 3 point shooters.

This will be the worst LadyVols team since the 2008-2009 season.

there sems to be a lot of people, that think all the young players will be SEC ready when they hit the court,they may well be,but i highly doubt it

losing Russell will be a major blow to the team and i hope she gets all her problems over with and can play at 100% next year,post play is what will hurt the Lady Vols this year or lack of

Izzy can't do it all and we know she likes to get in foul trouble a lot,somebody else will have to be in the post to help her.will it be Nia or Jones ? maybe somebody else ?

i'm hoping for a sweet 16 run and see where they go from there,there is no telling which way this team wii go

Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Last edited:

VN Store

Back