Jannah Tucker's ex found guilty

mtsuraider06

"Knoxville - The former boyfriend of Tennessee women's basketball player Jannah Tucker pleaded guilty to one count of second-degree assault Thursday according to court records in a case that involved the redshirt freshman guard.

Joshua Anthony Gerrard, 20, of Owings Mills, Md., was sentenced in Baltimore County circuit court to eight years with all but 28 days suspended."

GREAT NEWS!

Happy for Jannah and her family that this is over and justice has been granted!

Ex-boyfriend found guilty in assault case against Jannah Tucker - GoVolsXtra Story

Reactions: 2 people
Geez... 8 Years is "a slap on the wrist" ? I fully admit to knowing absolutely nothing about Law, or this situation, but 8 years is a good chunk of ones life. What did he do ? And don't tell me he beat up a girl....

Edit: Where in the article did OP get "eight years" from ?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Geez... 8 Years is "a slap on the wrist" ? I fully admit to knowing absolutely nothing about Law, or this situation, but 8 years is a good chunk of ones life. What did he do ? And don't tell me he beat up a girl....

Like Chris said, it's all suspended except for 28 days to serve. He would have to violate numerous times, or catch another felony charge while on paper before he ever done any serious time if they are anything like TN.

Reactions: 3 people

:crazy:

The MD court system is a joke. The judges there are just plain awful.

I don't know how this case played out, but I have followed a few trials there and none of the judges have been even remotely competent. The same applies to MD prosecutors.

28 days being served for what he did is pathetic. He will get his due down the road. Maybe somebody will take a chain to his legs. That would be justice.

Reactions: 5 people
28 days being served for what he did is pathetic. He will get his due down the road. Maybe somebody will take a chain to his legs. That would be justice.
if he would have assaulted my sister he'd think twice before he ever considered it again

Ok, I'm wondering if the sentence was eight years with 28 days suspended due to him already being in jail before trial? Maybe the writer was mixed up?

That's what I'm hoping for because after reading it again, if all he got was 28 days total, that's some BS!

if it was my daughter he get 8 yrs of azz whippings

Geezus.... tough crowd. I misunderstood and thought he was to serve 8 years with 28 days served. Also was asking what constitutes a 2nd degree assault, did he push her or beat her senseless ? Hopefully that clears up any confusion about the " I know nothing about Law" comment.

Ok, I'm wondering if the sentence was eight years with 28 days suspended due to him already being in jail before trial? Maybe the writer was mixed up?

That's what I'm hoping for because after reading it again, if all he got was 28 days total, that's some BS!

Typically an announced sentence is the sentence and one is given credit for time served awaiting trial against that sentence. While it is permissible to craft an agreement that would involve forfeiture of credit for time served, that is almost never done. And, if such an agreement were announced,it would be so unusual that it would almost certainly be detailed in any news report. Also, 28 days to serve is an unusual number. Prosecutors and courts tend to do things in 30 day increments. It is more likely that he had spent 28 days in jail before bonding out and this judgment recognizes that fact. A more important provision is the one that restricts any contact with Jannah Tucker and her family during the period of probation. Hopefully her assailant will see the wisdom of staying away.

Jim

Tucker made a mistake by living with somebody while in high school. To put it politely, that was not wise. You have to make good decisions in life, and that was a obviously a dumb decision.

Whatever mistakes she may have made, none of it made it ok for someone to take a steel link chain and beat her into submission with it.

Last edited:
Tucker made a mistake by living with somebody while in high school. To put it politely, that was not wise. You have to make good decisions in life, and that was a obviously a dumb decision.

Totally agree. A girl, only 16 or 17 years old, living with a man is no way to begin her life. Were her parents involved in this decision?

so it was ok for her to get the crap beat out of her ?because she made a mistake ? i don't think so

that is just telling that young man it is ok to do it again,because all he got was slap on the wrist and no justice for Miss Tucker

to me there was no justice served

Reactions: 4 people
People need to understand that judges don't just sentence someone by just randomly picking sentences out of the air. States have guidelines and statutes that must be followed. In TN, for an aggravated assault, which sounds like this may have been, a first time offender only carries 3-6 years. Also, depending on the seriousness of the crime, those with no or limited criminal history can be rehabilitated. There are factors that the judges have to apply, and those also include the background of the defendant.

I don't know the facts of this case, but every single case is different and factors have to be applied. Just trying to provide a more informed post because people are so quick to comment about what they read. But trust me, most of the time, the media doesn't get everything correct, and the parties know much more about the case than what is written. JMO.

Has anyone here been to watch them practice?? If so, how does jannah look?? I know most of the practices are closed now, but back many years ago, you could go watch them practice at Thompson boling, before they built Pratt pavilion. I remember one practice in particular where coach summitt "mentored" dominque redding from one end of the court to the other end. It was a sight to behold. There weren't but a handful of other people watching this practice, and I knew at that moment the reason coach summitt was considered a great motivator. going to be a lot of new exciting faces to watch this year. holly will have her hands full with all the rotation possibilities.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back