OOC Schedule

mtsuraider06

From the online ticket renewal. Dates subject to change.

Carson-Newman (Exhibition) - Sunday, November 9, 2014
Penn - Friday, November 14, 2014
Oral Roberts - Monday, November 17, 2014
Winthrop - Friday, November 21, 2014
Tennessee State - Monday, November 24, 2014
Saint Francis - Wednesday, December 3, 2014
Wichita State - Tuesday, December 16, 2014
Stanford - Saturday, December 20, 2014
Oregon State - Sunday, December 28, 2014

Away games include:

Notre Dame
Texas
Rutgers
UTC

Not a great home schedule, but the away schedule isn't complete and looks to be better than the home schedule. There will probably be two more away OOC games. Not happy that MTSU isn't on the schedule this season. Looks like UNC bailed on the series, which wasn't surprising due to Deshields & Cooper coming here.

Last edited:
I like this schedule I prefer we play a few great teams and a few bad teams too often the mens side schedules a bunch of mid caliber with not much to gain but still some to lose
Posted via VolNation Mobile

It will be a neat treat to see 2-time KBCA Coach of the Year Jody Adams return to Knoxville with her Shockers.

BTW of those 11 opponents, 7 made the NCAA Tournament last year. Plus Rutgers won the WNIT. So, although some of the names aren't marquee, there should be some competition.

Reactions: 1 person
We are also playing at UTC this season, so there is probably one more OOC away or neutral site game.

It is positive that the LVs are playing Jody Adam's team. I was wondering about that recently and why not schedule Missouri State. The home schedule could include a series with teams who have former players as coaches.

We only owe Notre Dame one home game. We played there in 2010-2011 to start the series. Two straight years in Knoxville then back up there next season. Look like we will lose all four.

From the online ticket renewal. Dates subject to change.

Carson-Newman (Exhibition) - Sunday, November 9, 2014
Penn - Friday, November 14, 2014
Oral Roberts - Monday, November 17, 2014
Winthrop - Friday, November 21, 2014
Tennessee State - Monday, November 24, 2014
Saint Francis - Wednesday, December 3, 2014
Wichita State - Tuesday, December 16, 2014
Stanford - Saturday, December 20, 2014
Oregon State - Sunday, December 28, 2014

Away games include:

Notre Dame
Texas
Rutgers
UTC

Not a great home schedule, but the away schedule isn't complete and looks to be better than the home schedule. There will probably be two more away OOC games. Not happy that MTSU isn't on the schedule this season. Looks like UNC bailed on the series, which wasn't surprising due to Deshields & Cooper coming here.

I see all wins except Notre Dame and Texas as a tossup game. Atkins comes in to play the point for them she is an awesome player.

I see all wins except Notre Dame and Texas as a tossup game. Atkins comes in to play the point for them she is an awesome player.

I think we can win every game, including Notre Dame. Playing them up there will be difficult, but this year and especially next, we will be loaded.

By mid season, barring any new injuries, this team should be spectacular.....The early part of the schedule will be perilous, but once the new pecking order is established, we fans should be very happy with the result.

Reactions: 1 person
Texas IMO has not had players play to their "potential" They have been inconsistent in losing big and then showing up in a big game. The State of Texas has many great high school players each year.

As an aside - Florida is a great recruitment state for male high school players but not for girl basketball. I write this because Texas is a hotbed in both.

Gotta love a female team named the 'shockers'. Quite fitting, no pun intended.

Always liked that the Girls Preparatory School in Chattanooga (historically a debutante school, though no more!) called themselves "The Bruisers."
School colors: black and blue.

BTW: UTC's McKenzie Arena seats 11,000. In effect, that'll be a "home" game for the LVs, though tempered by the many area Big Orange fans having dual-loyalties.

VN Store

Back