How much money do visiting teams take home?

BruisedOrange

Well... known member
We all know a small football program can finance its season by playing one game in Neyland. But how much can a small basketball program make playing the Lady Vols?

Say there's 10,000 fans in TBA for the game--anyone know what the take would be for the visitors?

I don`t know about the take home pay but I have always heard that the teams sign contracts to play each other so the pay is already decided no matter how many people are in attendance.

But I do believe the take home pay depends on the team we are playing. Example: UConn would be paid much higher than if we were playing UT Chattanooga.

Last edited:
That surprises me. I would have thought the contract would be for a set amount (negotiated to cover the visitor's expenses) plus a percentage of the gate, to protect the home team from diminished attendance.

Doesn't sound like the way Colonel Parker would have done it. :huh:

I've read Carson Newman supports it's womens' basketball team on the revenue they receive from the TN game each year. Per their coach, Pat did not have to play them and they very much appreciate both the revenue for their program and the experience of playing in TBA. Anyone remember the first year Pat was diagnosed? They showed up wearing We Back Pat shirts during pre-game warm ups; said they went to a local store as soon as they got off the bus to purchase them. I think they were assessed a technical for warming up in non regulation attire. Have to love the NCAA!

VN Store

Back