Favorite LV team to watch & why

2Alum4EverVol

BB used to be my favorite team to watch and pull for in the past. I had supported the program since the pre-years of three Meeks. Then things started to happen as of late. PS got sick. We hired Holly. And geez I for one am v. glad that M. Simmons has graduated and is gone to WNBA glory or whichever foreign country she decides to continue her BB career in. Her "perceived" selfish plays and quick trigger were a source of constant frustration for me personally to watch and bear w/ in the past 4 yrs…to be honest i just couldn't wait for her career to be over with. I couldn't accept a player who seemed to put her own interest above those of her own team's. And she was the dominant player on the team as well to make the things worse. Maybe i didn't know any better, but it was new to me. W/ lack of a (likable) super-star player to identify and to follow in a long while, my interest in BB started to wane and went in different direction. I stopped going to TB arena, and stopped watching BB games. W/ recent signing of DD and the cohorts, maybe I will start watching BB games once again, and give Holly a benefit of doubt. Stay tuned. :)

Now my favorite team to watch is Softball for sure. I first got introduced to the team b/c one of the prominent players 10-12 yrs ago was sitting in one of my classes. V. nice person as well. Went to a few games at Tyson Park during those years to watch them play. Wasn't overly impressed initially (back then they weren't nearly as good as they have been as of late) but came away impressed with the cozy atmosphere and intimate surroundings. And Weeklys came, Monica tagged along soon afterward, the program started to dominate. Yr in and yr out thereafter we can count on them to contend for the SEC crown, and threaten to make it to WCWS. The girls are good; athletic, play hard, play as a team, and for most part, the coaching is excellent as well. The fan support has been tremendous these past few yrs. To top it off, most of girls are easy on the eye as well. That helps a little. :)

Went to a couple VB games. Used to attend Tennis matches from time to time. But w/ limited time at hand for now I will just stick with softball team, and support them any way i can since that team IMO has got the best shot at winning a NC than any other teams right now. I may go to TBA when DD suits up.

I guess the dog days of (summer long) offseason is now upon us..

well, ain't you special?

Good to know that you are such good times bandwagoneer. Heaven help you if you ever face rough times. Wouldn't want you to be disappointed that you didn't win the big game every time.....

IF it wears UT orange, I watch it, support it and most of all love it, good times or not.

Reactions: 4 people
well, ain't you special?

Good to know that you are such good times bandwagoneer. Heaven help you if you ever face rough times. Wouldn't want you to be disappointed that you didn't win the big game every time.....

IF it wears UT orange, I watch it, support it and most of all love it, good times or not.

Got to agree with you....As fans we have to accept the seasons of prosperity and decline.....At least this fan does.

Reactions: 3 people
well, ain't you special?

I would hate to proclaim that I was such a fair weather "fan." I have followed the football Vols since the 50s and the Lady Vols since the late 80s, and I will continue to do so regardless of their win/loss records.

By the way, my favorite Lady Vol BB team was the '98 team, which scored in bunches and ran, ran and ran.

BB used to be my favorite team to watch and pull for in the past. I had supported the program since the pre-years of three Meeks. Then things started to happen as of late. PS got sick. We hired Holly. And geez I for one am v. glad that M. Simmons has graduated and is gone to WNBA glory or whichever foreign country she decides to continue her BB career in. Her "perceived" selfish plays and quick trigger were a source of constant frustration for me personally to watch and bear w/ in the past 4 yrs…to be honest i just couldn't wait for her career to be over with. I couldn't accept a player who seemed to put her own interest above those of her own team's. And she was the dominant player on the team as well to make the things worse. Maybe i didn't know any better, but it was new to me. W/ lack of a (likable) super-star player to identify and to follow in a long while, my interest in BB started to wane and went in different direction. I stopped going to TB arena, and stopped watching BB games. W/ recent signing of DD and the cohorts, maybe I will start watching BB games once again, and give Holly a benefit of doubt. Stay tuned. :)

Now my favorite team to watch is Softball for sure. I first got introduced to the team b/c one of the prominent players 10-12 yrs ago was sitting in one of my classes. V. nice person as well. Went to a few games at Tyson Park during those years to watch them play. Wasn't overly impressed initially (back then they weren't nearly as good as they have been as of late) but came away impressed with the cozy atmosphere and intimate surroundings. And Weeklys came, Monica tagged along soon afterward, the program started to dominate. Yr in and yr out thereafter we can count on them to contend for the SEC crown, and threaten to make it to WCWS. The girls are good; athletic, play hard, play as a team, and for most part, the coaching is excellent as well. The fan support has been tremendous these past few yrs. To top it off, most of girls are easy on the eye as well. That helps a little. :)

Went to a couple VB games. Used to attend Tennis matches from time to time. But w/ limited time at hand for now I will just stick with softball team, and support them any way i can since that team IMO has got the best shot at winning a NC than any other teams right now. I may go to TBA when DD suits up.

Sorry, but who abbreviates "very", the word doesn't add that much as a descriptor and if you're too lazy to type it, leave it out :)

Well just from a male watching a bunch of female athletes in skimpy or tight clothes or both compete it would be either softball, basketball or track. The track girls are pretty fun to watch. (The diving girls are a lot of fun too.) But, the other two aren't too shabby either. Oh, you meant from a sport competition perspective? Sorry.

well, ain't you special?

Been fan now for 43 years seen all the ups and downs over the years but there is one thing you stand behind your team during the good and bad in any sport.:rock:

Reactions: 2 people
Well. I do admit to being a Cowboy fan as a kid, an Eagles & Phillies fan when I lived in their area and a SEC fan against all others but my blood only bleeds Orange. The rest were just passing fancies.... ;)

VN Store

Back