DeShields Chooses Tennessee

VN News

The consensus 2014 women's basketball national freshman of the year is relocating to Rocky Top, Tennessee head coach Holly Warlick confirmed on Thursday afternoon.

More...

Reactions: 3 people
I have heard she was leaving and perhaps heading our way, but haven't ever really heard why she is leaving North Carolina--anybody know?

She could be a dynamite player for us in 2015. She could get a lot better sitting out and improving her game and strength. She could be our next superstar. The last one we had was Candace.

She could be a dynamite player for us in 2015. She could get a lot better sitting out and improving her game and strength. She could be our next superstar. The last one we had was Candace.

At the very least she will be a helluva practice player to prepare the others this year. Does she have 2 years of eligibility left?

Her practicing with the team will make them even better....Even though she can't play a game, she can practice and help prepare the other players.....

Reactions: 1 person
At the very least she will be a helluva practice player to prepare the others this year. Does she have 2 years of eligibility left?

She will have three years eligibility left,if she chooses to stay. What an outstanding player she is,and could be even better as she gains strength and maturity. Kudos to Holly and her staff. Go Lady Vols!!!

Other than Mercedes we may be a little small in the post in 2015. Graves will be a senior. I think maybe Jones could play there. Moore will be back that season hopefully she can get a little bigger and stronger she seems to have good basketball skills. We could still sign a post player for 2015 have no idea who it would be other than Brown.

Bp8xIA8CYAEWAyv.jpg

She just posted on her twitter thanking the fans for welcoming her to the Lady Vol family. And she left her post saying "Grind for 9". Exciting times ahead, my friends.

Some of the ncaa rules are ridiculous: A player who transfers to another school has to sit out a year, yet a coach who transfers does not. If Cuonzo doesn't have to sit, then neither should Diamond.

Reactions: 2 people
I just browsed the UNC scout board and the consensus over there is that if it hadn't been for Pat Summitt's condition and retirement that DeShields would have wound up here in the first place so there isn't any surprise at the decision and very little bitterness. Most of the ill will that I read was directed toward Cooper...Their fortunes have really changed in the last couple months. It wouldn't surprise me if Hatchell hangs it up soon.

VN Store

Back