Burdick Wins Fourth Gold Medal

VN News

With a 15-8 win over host Russia (8-1) in the gold medal game of the 2014 FIBA 3x3 World Championship on Sunday, the USA women captured a second-straight world championship title with an unblemished 9-0 record.

More...

Two comments outside of congratulations and that is the hope that her play under pressure improves her game even more this year.

And - I have always seen that she is a great interview - and thus not surprised that she has an internship on Good Morning America. Her future career in the media will probably be as profitable as professional ball.

Great person, under achieving basketball player, Should not be a starter next year

Just being honest, I wouldn't start her, and she was rated 3rd coming out of high school

Last edited:
And you would not start her because? inconsistent shooter/percentage. no argument , a spot shooter who seldom creates her own shot. and I don't know why with such great form.
shoot % 117 298 .393 3-pt 9 25 .360 Ft 63 83 .759 And as a way of comparison is she had made 8 more shots her percentage would have been the same as Simmons' and her three point average was the same as Simmons.

rebounding - very good on both ends of the floor 7.2 2nd on team, defense - leadership, attitude,

Reactions: 1 person
Burdick could be a great player especially on offense if she had the confidence. She misses a lot of shots she would make basically because she thinks to much before taking some of them. If she would just let it fly think she could hit 45 percent and 38 percent from the three. She has definitely underachieved at Tennessee. She has one more shot and this time around we have players that may not give her that chance if she doesn't play well early.

Reactions: 3 people
And you would not start her because? inconsistent shooter/percentage. no argument , a spot shooter who seldom creates her own shot. and I don't know why with such great form.
shoot % 117 298 .393 3-pt 9 25 .360 Ft 63 83 .759 And as a way of comparison is she had made 8 more shots her percentage would have been the same as Simmons' and her three point average was the same as Simmons.

rebounding - very good on both ends of the floor 7.2 2nd on team, defense - leadership, attitude,

Would not start her because she is mentally weak and inconsistent. She doesn't handle adversity well at all.

She only shows attitude against weak teams. Frankly, she needs to zip it because her attitude far outweighs her game. Against the better teams, she panics and looks like she's playing hot potato with the ball. Other teams can practically taste her fear.

Her weak mental fortitude is why she's not a better player. She's a decent athlete, she has a beautiful stroke, and she has better handle than any natural wing in college. Her skillset reminds me of Nicole Powell. That should equal AA. Instead, when not playing scared, she plays like someone who values style over substance. Too much sizzle, not enough steak.

She's had her chance, so it's time for her to take a seat and let a player take her spot on the court who can help the team for the next 4 years. The sum of her game is not good enough to be playing 25+ minutes for a team like Tennessee.

"doesn't show attitude" " needs to zip it" "panics" "plays hot potato" "too much sizzle, not enough steak" "weak mental fortitude"

That equals "her sum of the game"

I only wonder if AMB3096 could provide such quality evaluation of other players!

"doesn't show attitude" " needs to zip it" "panics" "plays hot potato" "too much sizzle, not enough steak" "weak mental fortitude"

That equals "her sum of the game"

I only wonder if AMB3096 could provide such quality evaluation of other players!

Nice cherry picking. I like how you chose to leave out my comments about Burdick's strengths as a player.

You can worship her if you like, but she's not good enough to be starting for a team with Final Four aspirations.

Didn't you call her the best defender on the team? Alyssa Thomas says, "Thank you!"

Burdick has a beautiful shot, when she has the courage to take it.....She seems to enjoy assists more than scoring...She has been very frustrating to follow.....I like the young lady very much, but her game (so far) has had too much Jekyll and Hyde to be counted on...The new talent may take a lot of her minutes.

It proves ranking s don't mean crap, the best player from that class is IZZY!

1. Izzy
2. Ariel
3. Burdick

hah, reversed, lol Gold medal 3 on 3, what? yawns, I want final fours darnit.

There will always be players on any team in any sport that take the brunt of criticism from expert board fans.

Seven months have passed and we are lucky that Burdick took our recommendations in this thread and several more so well

Yes we are. She has played lights out the last few games. Keep it up kiddo. And thanks for the great play.

VN Store

Back