Coach Warlick Guest Speaker At Ring Presentation

Shes not the best public speaker in the world. But whatever it takes for her to get close to a championship ring, I guess. (bazinga!)

In 2014 LVs won the SEC tourney as the #2 seed barely squeaking by #4 seed KY by one point (71-70??) in the final.

In 2013, however, LVs as #1 seed lost to the #4 seed, TAMU in the semifinal. I don't think they give out a ring for regular season championship (?). In my book and others, Holly therefore won only one SEC championship.

My feeling towards Holly is mixed & ambivalent; bottom line = she's not a great coach, and definitely not a long-term solution. But she seems to be a good enough recruiter who will keep the program float awhile with enough number of good players (hey Tennessee name itself draws McD AAs to campus) nibbling at the heels of championship rings just often enough to keep detractors at bay..

Reactions: 2 people
In 2014 LVs won the SEC tourney as the #2 seed barely squeaking by #4 seed KY by one point (71-70??) in the final.

In 2013, however, LVs as #1 seed lost to the #4 seed, TAMU in the semifinal. I don't think they give out a ring for regular season championship (?). In my book and others, Holly therefore won only one SEC championship.

The SEC considers the winner of the regular season as the "SEC Champion" and the tournament winner as the "SEC Tournament Champion" with separate trophies for each.

The winner of each is allowed to hang a banner and is obligated by the SEC to provide championship rings to student-athletes and staff.

Holly has one of each as a head coach, and my statement of two championship rings stands.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back