Jannah's development

dcm3w

Daddy
Does anyone know how she's developing? Will she break rotation next year or be a threat?

There hasn't been much information as to whether she is ready to play or not. A good sign is that she hasn't had another surgery. JMO if she wasn't ready I expect she would have had another surgery by now. The knee was the only problem so evidently it must be fine.

Reactions: 1 person
Looking forward to seeing her back on the court and playing again, can't wait.

Did she practice last year? I had heard that she was going to. It might be prudent to keep expectations low, since she hasn't really played in a year. I hope her knee is good to go. One would think it would be since she's had a year to get it right.

Did she practice last year? I had heard that she was going to. It might be prudent to keep expectations low, since she hasn't really played in a year. I hope her knee is good to go. One would think it would be since she's had a year to get it right.

It's actually been 2 years since she has played any organized ball. She missed her entire SR year in high school due to the injury too...this after averaging over 30 ppg as a JR. Hopefully, she is as good as new. Maybe she'll surprise a few coaches who aren't expecting much from her.

She is an unknown at this point.....We all hope she is the player she was in high school.

A mystery without a lot of clues.

Either way, I am just happy she is in a better situation even if she never takes the court for us. I would really like to see her shine though.

What are the practice observers saying?

Reactions: 3 people
On several of the press release tapes she was identified as she was running. But the sports-writers were understanding to not include her in questions with the coaches given her recent issues. So, we obviously didn't get any information about the contributions she made to the scout team, or her return to form. Obviously two plus years since she has played a game in competition.

And in the true form of shoulda, woulda coulda what if both she and DeShields had been on last years team.

And in the true form of shoulda, woulda coulda what if both she and DeShields had been on last years team.

We came within a whisker of having DeShields, Tucker, Davis and Russell come in together. There was just too much drama with that class... some of it avoidable and some not I guess. But that would have been as good a class as we have had since the one with Catchings IMO.

Did Davis pan out at Ga Tech? I never heard anything about her since Tech never does anything on the court of note.

We came within a whisker of having DeShields, Tucker, Davis and Russell come in together. There was just too much drama with that class... some of it avoidable and some not I guess. But that would have been as good a class as we have had since the one with Catchings IMO.

Did Davis pan out at Ga Tech? I never heard anything about her since Tech never does anything on the court of note.

Very good year. Probably one of the top three freshmen in the country.

disagree about Davis having a very good year.

She played one on five basketball most of the time. Her teammates seemed to resent her theatrics and standing around. I watched several of her games.. not impressed.

Gule, without disagreeing with your comments I have watched many individual high school stars who didn't involve or distribute to their teammates.

I went to see a LV recruit many years ago, a 6'4' Center who had to bring the ball up the court when the opposition was pressing. The McDonald All-American games are another exhibit of your point. The point guards are usually the show because they control the ball and shoot first look to pass third.

Most but not all LV players adjust to being a team member, and that said I suspect many are glad not to be the only go to.

Tech , didn't bring in Davis to distribute the ball. They brought her in to score and score she did . She set the all-time Freshman ACC scoring mark averaging 18.6 per game , just over Deshields 18.0 . She also barely out-rebounded Deshields 5.6-5.4 rpg . I would take Kaela Davis on our team in a heart beat

Tech , didn't bring in Davis to distribute the ball. They brought her in to score and score she did . She set the all-time Freshman ACC scoring mark averaging 18.6 per game , just over Deshields 18.0 . She also barely out-rebounded Deshields 5.6-5.4 rpg . I would take Kaela Davis on our team in a heart beat

We had her twice, but she slipped away each time.

One of the big reasons we didn't get Deshields the first time is that Davis was committed to Tennessee and Deshields wanted to go where there was no Davis playing. If Kaela Davis was at Tennessee right now I am certain Diamond would not be coming here.

Davis shot 38 percent from the field as a freshman. She scored a lot of points because she took a lot of shots. 513 in 32 games or 16 per game. She had 103 turnovers and only 35 assists. She would have fit right in with what last year's team was doing.

With all the complaints about M Simmons being a shoot first baller, why anyone would want K Davis to be a Ldy Vol is a mystery to me.... She is Simmons on steroids but with an awful attitude...... :(

I just saw where Tucker had her ACL surgery re-done. :(

Is it just cleaning it out a little or is it, as you imply, a complete reconstruction?

It would be a shame because I think we were all really looking forward to seeing her play.

Yes, according to the KNS she had her ACL surgery redone a couple months ago with a cadaver ligament.

Unfortunately, I don't see how anyone can withstand two ACL surgeries on one knee. Shades of Vicki Baugh and Cait McMahan. (McMahan was an ACL and MCL, I think.) Parker looked good after two surgeries (albeit, her lateral quickness was hindered) but it was an ACL and then surgery on the femoral condyle and surrounding cartilage.

I wonder why it was done all over again. Makes me think she re-tore it or maybe it didn't heal properly since she wasn't able to rehab correctly due to her ordeal.

VN Store

Back