2014 Softball brackets

I have little faith we advance. I've watched enough LV softball to know the farther we advance in tourney play the more pathetic our hitting becomes.

Reactions: 1 person
You're the old guy in the neighborhood that runs kids off of his lawn.

I have little faith we advance. I've watched enough LV softball to know the farther we advance in tourney play the more pathetic our hitting becomes.

Yeah it was really pathetic last year when we put up 9 on Florida in the World Series.

In case you didn't notice, the competition gets better once you get to the super regionals and WCWS. There aren't a lot of blowout games at that level.

We just scored 12 runs in the first two games of the regional. I think we'll be alright.

How many runs have we scored vs. the competition when we had chances to win it all on 3 different occasions? You guys defending the LV's hitting in the biggest games are clueless to reality or blinded by the orange glasses or both lol. FYI, wanna put some money where your mouths are? I'll bet any or all of you.

How many runs have we scored vs. the competition when we had chances to win it all on 3 different occasions? You guys defending the LV's hitting in the biggest games are clueless to reality or blinded by the orange glasses or both lol. FYI, wanna put some money where your mouths are? I'll bet any or all of you.

What's to bet on? The competition is better at that level. What team blows out an opponent in a championship series?

Reactions: 2 people
What's to bet on? The competition is better at that level. What team blows out an opponent in a championship series?
You obviously didn't see Arizona (twice) and OU last year totally dominate us because we had no offense. We've had good enough pitching to win two NC's if we had even decent hitting in any of those best of three series.

Last edited:
Every time we get ourselves in a position to win it all, we choke big time. They either stand there and let the empires call them out on strikes or else they chase balls in the dirt and over their heads. Most undisciplined hitters in the tourney every year, and anyone who watches knows it.

You are "super" pathetic .... no pun intended.... seriously I wish you gag on the words you posted....

why not put the blame where it belongs... on the coaching staff.... I was screaming for 5 innings to move up in the box.... they finally did... lead off single and home run...

Melissa moved up and she tripled to right... but also had a single and a walk at the back of the box....

You are "super" pathetic .... no pun intended.... seriously I wish you gag on the words you posted....

why not put the blame where it belongs... on the coaching staff.... I was screaming for 5 innings to move up in the box.... they finally did... lead off single and home run...

Melissa moved up and she tripled to right... but also had a single and a walk at the back of the box....

Wow, you seem like the pathetic one for such a personal attack. He or she did not say it was the players fault, they just said our hitting sucks in the biggest games and they are correct. Get over yourself and actually read what's said instead of hearing / reading what you want GEEZ !

Looked pretty disciplined last year against good pitching. Went all the way to the championship game. SO what....out of 328 Div 1 teams we get down to 2. I think very good pitching has a lot to do with both watching a strike AND missing a swing. I try not to criticize actions of others that I know for a FACT I cant do. I wish every girl would hit a HR every at bat. Tell you what, lets get the football team, baseball team, basketball team to this level. Free country and you can criticize all you want seriously. But sometimes its just too much......sometimes the reason kids don't come to Tennessee is Knoxville can be incredibly negative place. Your free to voice your opinion and thats all it is.

QUOTE=Volballfan;10193882]Every time we get ourselves in a position to win it all, we choke big time. They either stand there and let the empires call them out on strikes or else they chase balls in the dirt and over their heads. Most undisciplined hitters in the tourney every year, and anyone who watches knows it.[/QUOTE]

SO...which biggest games does our hitting suck?? The 3 run homer against Kalani Ricketts in the National Championship game? OR the 12 hits against Rogers and Haguer in the 1st elimination, or the walk off hit against Texas, OR...the come from behind hit by a freshman against Bama in the super last year? Or the 6 different hitters who hit HR's this weekend? Or the timely hits we had today in the 6th? And other times, pitchers are just damn good. It happens. Now....I didn't personally attack anyone......I just stated some true FACTS, not conjecture and not emotion and no negativity.......just facts.

Wow, you seem like the pathetic one for such a personal attack. He or she did not say it was the players fault, they just said our hitting sucks in the biggest games and they are correct. Get over yourself and actually read what's said instead of hearing / reading what you want GEEZ !

Had you bothered to read ALL my previous post, before acting like an ass, you would have realized undisciplined is directly related to coaching. I never once said it was all on the players, but by all means don't let facts get in the way lol.

Had you bothered to read ALL my previous post, before acting like an ass, you would have realized undisciplined is directly related to coaching. I never once said it was all on the players, but by all means don't let facts get in the way lol.

Hey A'hole... I did read your posts... all of them!!

you have no clue on the situation armchair poster... unless you know the total story... refrain from posting...

Thank you!

Mike Davin

Father of Melissa Davin... Senior Lady Vol softball

I think the takeaway is....we all want to win. We want a National Championship, we have the players, facility's, and staff to do it. Same with all of our sports at UT. I am certain no one wants to win more than the kids......all of the kids come to UT to win. Not to come in second or even lower. They come to Tennessee to win period. We also have to remember its a game, and these are 18-19 year olds.....hell some are 17. I am pretty sure all those kids are doing their level best.

IF you all haven't noticed. I have taken classes in conflict resolution. Just saying.

and if you really knew.. then you would know that the team has a game plan.... where to stand, what to and what not to swing at...

Melissa was leading the SEC in hitting and was benched after her first at bat for swinging at a first pitch change up at Texas A&M... even though she smashed it to the 5/6 hole and barely out at first... but she swung at a change up with less than 2 strikes..

I'm not gonna say I think the Lady Vols deserve to win it all. My niece plays softball. And with Gods will she could be playing college ball next season. Every single team out there plays hard and strives to win it all. That being said I want to see a championship come to Knoxville. Go Lady Vols.

That would be cool.

I'm not gonna say I think the Lady Vols deserve to win it all. My niece plays softball. And with Gods will she could be playing college ball next season. Every single team out there plays hard and strives to win it all. That being said I want to see a championship come to Knoxville. Go Lady Vols.

On the outside looking in, it sounded personal. Don't know anything about softball and doubt I ever will, but I do know I support the Lady Vols and see no reason to throw stones at young ladies doing their best.

So go Lady Vols. Hope you win every remaining game! And thanks to all the seniors for their efforts and for representing the university and state so well.

I just love posters that hide behind a screen name and post anonymously.... as if they know what is the truth and what is speculation & conjecture!

Originally Posted by Volballfan View Post

I just love posters that hide behind a screen name and post anonymously.... as if they know what is the truth and what is speculation & conjecture!

Originally Posted by Volballfan View Post
I'm not hiding anywhere "Mike Davin", Father of Melissa Davin... Senior Lady Vol softball. You're the one who chose to launch a personal attack, and had your ass called out for it. I support your daughter just like I do all UT athletes in every sport. In fact, I am a substantial donor to the university, which funds the very sport your daughter has the opportunity to participate in. I'm sure you embarrassed Melissa tonight, so hardy congratulations for that.

P.S. For the record, I have openly stated more than once, ever since Monica Abbott was here, that UT would never win a NC under the Weekley's. They have taken the team as far as their ability will allow. They are not on par with the best coaches in women's softball and knowledgeable people know it.

Last edited:
I'm not hiding anywhere "Mike Davin", Father of Melissa Davin... Senior Lady Vol softball. You're the one who chose to launch a personal attack, and had your ass called out for it. I support your daughter just like I do all UT athletes in every sport. In fact, I am a substantial donor to the university, which funds the very sport your daughter has the opportunity to participate in. I'm sure you embarrassed Melissa tonight, so hardy congratulations for that.

P.S. For the record, I have openly stated more than once, ever since Monica Abbott was here, that UT would never win a NC under the Weekley's. They have taken the team as far as their ability will allow. They are not on par with the best coaches in women's softball and knowledgeable people know it.

Volballfan

Volballfan Every time we get ourselves in a position to win it all, we choke big time. They either stand there and let the empires call them out on strikes or else they chase balls in the dirt and over their heads. Most undisciplined hitters in the tourney every year, and anyone who watches knows it.

who called who out... Mr. anonymous Poster... Mr substantial donor... Mr who?

Once again your speculation has gotten the best of you!

edit... the further we advance... I guess the quality of the pitching, the umpires and the coaching game plan has no bearing on the outcome of the game...

at 43 foot rubber and a 35 foot release point with a 65-70mph pitch which is equivalent to a 100 mph major league fast ball giving the softball hitter less time than a major leaguer to recognize the pitch and react to it... has no bearing on the hitter's performance...

now add in the coaches game plan and their instructions to each hitter on where to stand in the box and what to and when to swing....

now add in an inconsistent strike zone... not just umpire to umpire but on most occasions ... from pitch to pitch...

but go ahead... keep speculating on how pathetic we are... didn't we lead the SEC in hitting? I guess that doesn't fit your fact pattern.

Sport Science: The Speed of Softball - ESPN Video - ESPN

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back