WNBA GMs High On LVFLs

VN News

With the WNBA's 18th season set to open on Friday, the league's general managers took part in the 12th annual WNBA.com GM Survey. Three former Lady Vols were among their favorites.

More...

Congratulations to Candace in winning MVP over maya moore! :clapping: And best wishes to all former LV representing Tennessee the right way. :good!:

Was very disappointed to see Hornbuckle end her WNBA career, it seems. She was never the same after the Shock moved to Tulsa.

I don't know what's up with Anosike and why she can't stick to a team anymore. She is a skilled veteran who can provide good leadership to a lot of teams.

Does anyone know what happened to Shyra Ely? Has she recovered from her Achilles injury, or did she take the year off? I don't recall seeing her in camp...

Glad to see that Vicky Baugh and Kelley Cain appear to make final rosters. Talented players who got robbed of a solid college career due to injuries. Hope they do well.

WNBA salaries are low--everybody makes between $35K and $100 K roughly. Some play overseas as well, which is good, but the money isn't much of an incentive if you been in the league, grinding, for a few years.

WNBA salaries are low--everybody makes between $35K and $100 K roughly. Some play overseas as well, which is good, but the money isn't much of an incentive if you been in the league, grinding, for a few years.

Hardly anyone watches the WNBA. I'm surprised they're still in business.

100k for 4 months of work sounds pretty good to me. It's not NBA money, but for most 20-something year olds who aren't in Finance, that's significantly more than they'd be getting in corporate America. Combine that with another 200k or so for offseason overseas play (and the chance to travel/live abroad), it's not a bad deal if you can put up with it for 4-5 years and pocket some change.

Congratulations to Candace in winning MVP over maya moore! :clapping: And best wishes to all former LV representing Tennessee the right way. :good!:

Parker hasn't won the MVP award over Moore yet. She was simply the guess of the GMs.

VN Store

Back