article last week on softball signee CJ McClain

kamoshika

Jaw-dropping stats through 15 games:

Although Stratford has not enjoyed success at the level that Beech has traditionally — the Lady Spartans are 10-5 (2-3 10-AA) — McClain has continued to be a dominant player. She's hitting .837 with 13 home runs and 34 runs scored.
UT softball signee has ‘second chance’ at Stratford

McClain, Gregg & Aldrete should be a very potent power trio.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Yes, been following McClain past couple of years. Aldrete type player.

what kind of competition is she facing? Not to take anything away from her, but isn't this small-town softball?

Sounds like a winner. Its interesting to look at our roster and check out the BA's of our girls prior to coming to Tennessee. A lot of them have BA's over .450 CAREER and some over .500 CAREER. And if you come from a competitive area thats impressive. These kids can hit and know what they're doing. At the same time, the pitchers they face are good also......and most of the pitchers are the same ones. They have a lot of personal history against each other. Interesting dynamics.

what kind of competition is she facing? Not to take anything away from her, but isn't this small-town softball?

She started as an eighth grader on BA varsity team. I've not seen her play but was told she could rip the cover off a softball.

More articles on CJ McLain.....obviously talented, she may be a challenge for the Weekly's. Which would be a mistake.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenn...ftball-commit-dismissed-high-school-team.html

UT softball signee has

Jaw-dropping stats through 15 games:

Although Stratford has not enjoyed success at the level that Beech has traditionally — the Lady Spartans are 10-5 (2-3 10-AA) — McClain has continued to be a dominant player. She's hitting .837 with 13 home runs and 34 runs scored.
UT softball signee has ‘second chance’ at Stratford

McClain, Gregg & Aldrete should be a very potent power trio.

No point, I was obviously late in seeing this. Sorry for my tardiness.

QUOTE=Sandvol;10183703]What's your point?[/QUOTE]

TBH, I'm not sure it matters. Either you have the talent or you don't. The Renfroes faced virtually no competition at Trinity Christian in Jackson, and played in the lowest classificiation in the state.

.837 is ridiculous no matter what competition you are playing. She and Gregg (who has similar numbers in the state of Georgia) are both rated as top ten recruits.

TBH, I'm not sure it matters. Either you have the talent or you don't. The Renfroes faced virtually no competition at Trinity Christian in Jackson, and played in the lowest classificiation in the state.

.837 is ridiculous no matter what competition you are playing. She and Gregg (who has similar numbers in the state of Georgia) are both rated as top ten recruits.

Yes, they've got more hitters coming in next year but no pitcher until 2015-16. They need a pitcher.

Yes, they've got more hitters coming in next year but no pitcher until 2015-16. They need a pitcher.

Unless they bring in a Senior grad transfer I don't think you'll see a pitcher come in we'll just have to out hit every team...the 15 grad class has some pitching studs coming in though 3 of them if I remember correctly

Unless they bring in a Senior grad transfer I don't think you'll see a pitcher come in we'll just have to out hit every team...the 15 grad class has some pitching studs coming in though 3 of them if I remember correctly
:question:

Last edited:

VN Store

Back