should be a great series

the Lady Vols record so far

Overall 36-8
Conf. 12-6
Home 15-3
Away 9-4
Neutral 12-1

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

We've not hit in the first game of the last three SEC series--and then our pitching has got shaky. Renfroe is not pitching so well right now. The pitching situation will reduce our margin for error in the post-season. We are a good hitting team but nobody puts up, say, four plus runs in every game.

game 2 is at 5pm... Kentucky has their spring football game Today...

I flew into Nashville and drove up to Lexington to take in the series.... totally surprised Melissa... she had no idea I was coming... she was expecting us this next week for senior weekend...

Didn't get to the game until the 4th inning but good to get the W!

Reactions: 2 people
This team has to score more than 2 runs to win. Hitting has tailed off, and again the collection of No.2 pitchers struggled.

Reactions: 1 person
This team has to score more than 2 runs to win. Hitting has tailed off, and again the collection of No.2 pitchers struggled.

I went tonight as well. Good crowd. As is the case in most sports, Kentucky always gets a thrill up their leg beating Tennessee. Similar behavior to how Louisville acts towards them but I digress. I never really got into this "rivalry"--with the exception of mens basketball history says that if were battling with Kentucky then were probably not winning the SEC.

The thin pitching staff is going to make it difficult to win many game 2's in SEC series play. I don't expect much in the SEC tournament due to having to win 3 consecutive games--quite frankly I'd rather save Ellen for the NCAA tournament.

What is the status of pitching going into next year? Are we bringing in a new ace?

I went tonight as well. Good crowd. As is the case in most sports, Kentucky always gets a thrill up their leg beating Tennessee. Similar behavior to how Louisville acts towards them but I digress. I never really got into this "rivalry"--with the exception of mens basketball history says that if were battling with Kentucky then were probably not winning the SEC.

The thin pitching staff is going to make it difficult to win many game 2's in SEC series play. I don't expect much in the SEC tournament due to having to win 3 consecutive games--quite frankly I'd rather save Ellen for the NCAA tournament.

What is the status of pitching going into next year? Are we bringing in a new ace?

Hope so, looks like Gabriel may have been over hyped and Weekly took the bait - unless the hip injury is still a problem for her - in fairness to her,a hip injury for a pitcher is a very difficult one to overcome. Still Weekly should have seen this coming last season and went all out to recruit a high ranking P.

Hope so, looks like Gabriel may have been over hyped and Weekly took the bait - unless the hip injury is still a problem for her - in fairness to her,a hip injury for a pitcher is a very difficult one to overcome. Still Weekly should have seen this coming last season and went all out to recruit a high ranking P.

Regardless of whether she has overcome that injury I haven't seen anything to indicate shes a Kaliani Ricketts or Jackie Traina type of pitcher which means we need a solid backup for her next year even if she is the one.

There are going to be a lot of holes to fill with SEC pitching next year. Traina, Renfroe, Cumbess (KY), Rogers (FL) all seniors.

Regardless of whether she has overcome that injury I haven't seen anything to indicate shes a Kaliani Ricketts or Jackie Traina type of pitcher which means we need a solid backup for her next year even if she is the one.

There are going to be a lot of holes to fill with SEC pitching next year. Traina, Renfroe, Cumbess (KY), Rogers (FL) all seniors.

14-15 UT class (so far I hope) --- no pitchers Softball Announces 2014 Signing Class - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics IDK what Weekly is thinking

I think we needed to get a pitcher in the '14 class, no? Next year Renfroe is gone--and while the offense will be loaded who is going to be the no. 1 pitcher? We have to hope that Gabriel, who has flashed but hardly pitched longer than 3 innings in any game this year (and usually not even that much), will be ready to carry a load. Gaffin and Tarango are more fill-in pitchers, but we will need one of them to get better, too. Kind of odd that we didn't get a pitcher with next year's class.

Gaffin and Tarango are more fill-in pitchers, but we will need one of them to get better, too. Kind of odd that we didn't get a pitcher with next year's class.

Or this year's class. Not a good idea to go two straight years w/o signing a pitcher, especially looking at what we have returning next year. It's hard to envision Gabriel, Gaffin & Tarango being able to carry our entire pitching load.

Maybe we can scrounge up another pitcher before next year, but I don't know who's left out there or if we have the room to squeeze anyone else in.

I think we needed to get a pitcher in the '14 class, no? Next year Renfroe is gone--and while the offense will be loaded who is going to be the no. 1 pitcher? We have to hope that Gabriel, who has flashed but hardly pitched longer than 3 innings in any game this year (and usually not even that much), will be ready to carry a load. Gaffin and Tarango are more fill-in pitchers, but we will need one of them to get better, too. Kind of odd that we didn't get a pitcher with next year's class.

If they bring in someone from the '14 class it will either be somone from the state of Tennessee, someone who has a scholarship to help pay for school, or a family that can pay for their daughters education....The '15 class is already done as is the '16 class

3 pitching beasts are coming in the 15 class another in the 17 class...that's what they're thinking...if they bring in a pitcher for next year it maybe will be a senior grad transfer or a senior transfer

Or Ivy and Ellen can make Anna a top notch picher over the summer :crossfingers:

JMO I think you have to keep Shipman, Aldrete, and Davin in the 3, 4, and 5 spots. I would probably keep Geer in the two spot and lead off with Tobler. I'd probably move Gaffin up to the six spot then follow her with Koenig and Tarango, Geathers. Tarango has come up in a lot of big spots with people on base and not getting the runs in.

VN Store

Back