TN and UConn in talks to resume series

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
UConn coach Geno Auriemma and Tennessee coach Holly Warlick both said this week that they have spoken informally about resuming the series.

“We’ll see where it goes,” Auriemma said Tuesday night.

“I asked him if he wanted to play,” Warlick said. “He said he would if I apologized to his fans, former players, Maya Moore, her mother. I’m not going to do that.”

When asked Tuesday if an apology was a prerequisite, Auriemma said: “I want to make sure that we set the record straight. I think there were a lot of hard feelings for a lot of people when all that stuff happened. It is water under the bridge in some ways, you know. I think we’re past it. But you also can’t be ‘hey, don’t worry about it.’ ”

He then added: “Let’s put it this way, if it’s going to get done, it will get done. But I don’t know. I haven’t talked to them in awhile.”

Informal talks between Lady Vols and UConn about resuming series » GoVolsXtra

In b4 window lickers bash Warlick and say they're scared to face Geno.

It would be great for WCB.

So what's the story on all of that? What did Holly do to M. Moore and her mother? I've never really knew what caused all of the beef that stopped the series.

The only thing right now that would cause me to want holly fired is if she apologized to uconn fans..... Bleh!

Reactions: 6 people
if say Tenn lost,would it not prepare tenn to work harder? If they win ,,wow the coverage they would get..eather way LV stand to win

if say Tenn lost,would it not prepare tenn to work harder? If they win ,,wow the coverage they would get..eather way LV stand to win

They're already losing to Baylor, Stanford, Notre Dame, etc. I don't see them needing more motivation to work harder, it should already be there.

Reactions: 2 people
“I asked him if he wanted to play,” Warlick said. “He said he would if I apologized to his fans, former players, Maya Moore, her mother. I’m not going to do that.”

If that is Geno's requests to resume the series, the answer is no and hell no. And, that had better be the position that Holly and UT sticks to. And, for asking for such a ridiculous request, double **** you, Geno.

Reactions: 11 people

If that is Geno's requests to resume the series, the answer is no and hell no. And, that had better be the position that Holly and UT sticks to. And, for asking for such a ridiculous request, double **** you, Geno.

It wouldn't be good for the program to maybe lose by 40 points on ESPN in front of a national audience.

The AA covered the ESPN studios visit with Maya and Geno as a secondary violation and let him go. When it came down to it there was much more involved than just that and Pat knew it. So it ended. She did everything by the book and expected everybody else to as well. The whole world knows Geno operates in the fringe. He's trying to polish his apple at our expense. Pass.

I would tell him to go pound sand. See you in the tourney someday.

Reactions: 7 people

ruggy smiles:angel:

It wouldn't be good for the program to maybe lose by 40 points on ESPN in front of a national audience.

Nor would it be good to kiss Geno's ass by apologizing. If this is all true, and I have no reason to believe it isn't at this point, then no need to talk about resuming the games ever again.

Reactions: 4 people
If UT couldn't beat Maryland, then we're not ready for UConn, Notre Dame or Stanford. Got to beat top ranked teams ocassionally-at least 50% or better!
It takes motivation, team effort and a "want to" to get to the top!:dance2::clapping:

Last edited:
I'm not even THAT big of a wbball fan, but Geno is in my top 3 most hated sports figure, and is quickly rising to the top

Reactions: 3 people
If UT couldn't beat Maryland, then we're not ready for UConn, Notre Dame or Stanford. Got to beat top ranked teams ocassionally-at least 50% or better!
It takes motivation, team effort and a "want to" to get to the top!:dance2::clapping:

I owe u a beer Retired AF???

me too SAC

The more sordid details about why Pat wanted to end this series aren't forthcoming. The Maya Moore episode is just the tip of the iceberg. Geno is just a lousy human being.

Reactions: 3 people
Just let it go. There is no incentive for us to play them at this time--we would get our asses handed to us on a silver plate. He would rub it in as well.

He has all the leverage at this point.

I'll be interested to see if the bigger name opponents help him continue to fill out his non-conference schedule the way he is dominating. It is almost in the interest of everyone to starve the beast.

Reactions: 1 person
Apologize? Geno has a lot of gall. Before I read that, I would have hoped the series comes back. Now? I could care less.

I'm not even THAT big of a wbball fan, but Geno is in my top 3 most hated sports figure, and is quickly rising to the top

My hatred of Geno surpasses my hatred of Kiffin. Not by much, but it's there. And that is saying alot.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back