Who are you for tonight?

UCONN is undefeated in NCAA title games, both men and women. Women are 8-0, men 4-0. Going for 13-0 tonight as a whole. That is an insane accomplishment for one University whether you love or hate them. UT and every other school is envious as they should be. That being said, hoping the Irish can end their run, but don't see it happening.

Reactions: 5 people
UCONN is undefeated in NCAA title games, both men and women. Women are 8-0, men 4-0. Going for 13-0 tonight as a whole. That is an insane accomplishment for one University whether you love or hate them. UT and every other school is envious as they should be. That being said, hoping the Irish can end their run, but don't see it happening.

UConn men also lead the nation in another stat:

But UConn's graduation rate for male basketball players is still the worst of any team in the 2014 tournament.

UConn graduates 8 percent of its players, according to the most recent NCAA statistics. To put it another way: of the 12 players who started as freshmen eight years ago, exactly one managed to finish a college degree or leave UConn in good academic standing.

Reactions: 3 people

That is such a stupid measurement. Does it penalize for players leaving early to NBA or transferring? Also, it is hypocritical to think most of these guys are at a school to do anything besides play ball. And then there is the tournament wherev the NCAA makes a boatload of cash but some of these students playing miss a month in the middle of the semester travelling about.

No-one would argue that's pathetic, but it still doesn't take away from what they've accomplished on the court. No-one else is even on the radar in relation to what they have accomplished. BTW, as bad as that is, it's no worse than KY and all their Freshman only having to attend one semester before turning pro, in fact it isn't as bad.

I so damn tired of watching uconn and geno win rings every year while our program continues to decline. The Lady Vols have now become almost irrelevant. Geno is going to pass Pat tonight. All we say every year is "wait until next year." Next year has come and past. Damn uconn is now the mecca of women's basketball and we are freefalling

Something has to change.

Reactions: 4 people
For all those that think there is parity in the womens game hate to break it to you but it's not even close maybe #2 on down but Uconn is heads and shoulders better than the rest be exact when they do the rankings after the season it should read 1. Uconn 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. Notre Dame. Sometimes the facts just suck.

Reactions: 2 people
For all those that think there is parity in the womens game hate to break it to you but it's not even close maybe #2 on down but Uconn is heads and shoulders better than the rest be exact when they do the rankings after the season it should read 1. Uconn 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. Notre Dame. Sometimes the facts just suck.

Surely there arent people who think there is parity in womens bball.

The petitioners should have allowed Hart to go out and find the best coach available, they didn't. Truly sad to see.

Reactions: 1 person
The petitioners should have allowed Hart to go out and find the best coach available, they didn't. Truly sad to see.

It was a no win situation imo. Would have been percieved as disrespectful to Pat Summitt to not heed her suggestion of Holly. To me it would have been difficult for Hart to have an actual search given the sensitivity of the situation and the tension from existing issues (jennings, etc). Just a delicate deal all around.

I must admit even though it was inevitable, I am a bit sad to see Geno pass Pat. I still wish she was able to go out on her own terms

It was a no win situation imo. Would have been percieved as disrespectful to Pat Summitt to not heed her suggestion of Holly. To me it would have been difficult for Hart to have an actual search given the sensitivity of the situation and the tension from existing issues (jennings, etc). Just a delicate deal all around.

This x1000. I've said before and I think it bears repeating. Holly is going nowhere. Hart was brought her to fix football, finances, and the merger. He's not going to waste his time changing coaches after the battles he waged merging the mens and women's athletic departments. Many of the same characters on the women's side would go ape **** if he got rid of Holly. The future of the Lady Vol program is hollys. Hart will let her return it to greatness or fall on her own sword and watch it decline like the UCLA mens program.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back