Date: Apr. 13, 2014
Time: 1:00 p.m. ET

the game will be televised on

ESPNU

the Lady Vos are ranked 5th

A&M is ranked 22nd

it should be a hell of a series

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

it looks like they want money to watch the Saturday game,don't they know they can build there fan base bigger by streaming there home games for free ? or so i can watch it lol I will be missing the games this week end,family stuff to do,but maybe i will be able to catch some of them :)

Reactions: 2 people
Concerned about the pitching. Ellen Renfroe does not seem to be as consistent as usual, concerned she may be getting burned out. Maybe she needs a week off where she does not pitch any. Gaffin and Gabriel have good games, but no consistency. Tarango not pitching well, should stick with hitting and being a fielder. I don't think we can make it through the playoffs with only one very good pitcher, we need someone besides Renfroe to pick it up.

Reactions: 1 person
UT has to have a sweep but don't think they can due to inconsistent pitching and no reliable #2 pitcher. The Fielding is just plain horrible and has cost them at least one game last weekend. Right now the hitting has been streaky in game.

First game I was able to see all year, and I gotta say... ellen you suck...

There are more civilized ways to critique players.

I do think Renfroe has struggled lately--and that's a worry as she IS our pitching staff since the coaches don't seem to be trying to develop anyone else with their strange pitching by committee tactic with the other pitchers.

Girls have got to stop swinging at bad pitches--especially the ankle-high pitches the a&m pitcher is intentionally throwing.

There are more civilized ways to critique players.

I do think Renfroe has struggled lately--and that's a worry as she IS our pitching staff since the coaches don't seem to be trying to develop anyone else with their strange pitching by committee tactic with the other pitchers.

Yeah, that's what I've been gathering on here, through the whole season so far, its ellen, and that's all we got.. strange.

First game I was able to see all year, and I gotta say... ellen you suck...

Dude...only two sets of fans have attacked players personally this year....Illinois, and LSU.....now add Tennessee to that list. Lots of class, go have another vodka or 15.

Reactions: 2 people
That was disappointing. Let's turn this around. Let Ellen rest and lets go Gabriel some playing time. She's got the potential.

Vols struggling lately. Seems strange that the Weeklys went out and recruited so much offensive talent and yet we have no dependable No. 2 pitcher--a problem, and one that the coaches might be exacerbating by not letting any of the potential no. 2s pitch more than 2/3 innings tops. Odd.

Lady Vols come back in game two and pound Texas A&M 15 to 2 a five inning run rule game. Ellen needs to pitch a great game tomorrow we'll be back up against their number one.

Take the reigns off and let them swing early. Their pitcher is good, but once you get them out of their pitching strategy Tennessee is way dangerous. For the past 7 games we've hindered our hitters by not letting them jump on early count strikes. I say that because they're so young they'll do exactly as told. Today... Early in the count they started swinging, I have to assume the coaches said..." Ok...bats free.. Have fun" They Played loose and blew up....it will happen again tomorrow if the reigns come off and Ellen attacks....and thats what I expect. When the Renfro's attack...any of them its going to be a tough game for the opposition. JMO. At that point A&M only has one choice....to come right at Tennessee. If they do that they'll get the same result as South Carolina and Florida on their Friday games.

Does Gabriel have a physical issue that prevents her from throwing more than 2 innings? If not, it baffles me why the coaches feel they've got to take her out so quickly every time she pitches. What gives?

I don't know...she pitches well, especially her rise ball when she is on is really good. When you play in conf. Games you really gotta preserve the wins, so I cant completely blame the coaches for those moves. I too would like to see her go deeper into a game. The hip issue she had isn't a joke....it's really tough for a kid to come back from that. And I bet not many Dr's have seen that injury (but I don't know). And with the pressure she feels wanting to help the team. I personally think she has what it takes, and think she'll pull through, but not without some stressful days for us fans.

QUOTE=armchair;10077656]Does Gabriel have a physical issue that prevents her from throwing more than 2 innings? If not, it baffles me why the coaches feel they've got to take her out so quickly every time she pitches. What gives?[/QUOTE]

VN Store

Back