final four

cwbytruckers

The thing I see missing from the Lady Vols that UCONN and Notre Dame have is 3 point shooting and playing as a team. Until the Lady Vols decide to play this way and recruit some shooters. 8 will be the title count for a long time.

Reactions: 4 people
Watching UConn tonight they don't really do anything innovative on offense. Lots of teams run the same stuff. They just shoot better and don't turn the ball over. They have good spacing. But mainly they just have better players.

Stanford was just woeful on offense. They would pass the ball around the perimeter until the shot clock ran down and then jack up a shot. They never cut through the paint or posted up. Tara had a really bad gameplan in only letting Orrange shoot and handle the ball. I saw several times they were more concerned with getting her the ball than they were in running an offense... which made them very easy to guard. I can see why Tara is always the bride's maid.

UConn has no excuse not to win the title. ND has good execution, but they just don't have the caliber of athlete that UConn does. ND would have to play flawless. UConn has a lot of margin for error.

Reactions: 2 people
I have to disagree. I have seen Notre Dame several times and they have the athletes and good shooters. I think they are playing better team ball.

Notre Dame 74
UCONN 69

I have to disagree. I have seen Notre Dame several times and they have the athletes and good shooters. I think they are playing better team ball.

Notre Dame 74
UCONN 69
:lolabove:

this seems to be the wrong thread for this but .......

DREAM DREAM

Notre Dame is without one of its best players, who hurt her knee in the regional. That sux because they are not even at full strength.

ND and Ct. have much better offensive execution than UT, and have for many years: They pass the ball much better, move without the ball, get open shots--and make good decisions. Half of the time UT has the ball we look like its the second preseason practice. We stand around, we rely too much on one or two people to score after a couple of passes--and if they are not open our players tend to (quietly panic) and make bonehead decisions. Our sets are always breaking down after a few passes whereas ND and CT. (and lots of other teams) will make 12-15 passes, if necessary, to get a good shot. We have players who when the get the ball look like they have no idea what to do with the ball next. You don't need five great players, but you need five players who understand the offense and their role in the offense and will move the ball and not stand and hold the ball.

The thing I see missing from the Lady Vols that UCONN and Notre Dame have is 3 point shooting and playing as a team.

I'd say defense and offensive execution have been missing as well. And the LVs haven't had a killer instinct since '08. Also have not had a player step up and demand accountability from herself and her teammates as Anosike did during that last NC season.

ND doesn't have a chance to beat those conns, after losing their best big girl.

Lucky bastages have had the easiest run thru a tourney in history.

AND STILL GENO STINKS!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
ND doesn't have a chance to beat those conns, after losing their best big girl.

Lucky bastages have had the easiest run thru a tourney in history.

AND STILL GENO STINKS!!!!!

Connecticut women's basketball coach Geno Auriemma has signed a new $10.86 million contract, a deal designed to keep him at the school through the 2017-18 season

not bad for someone that stinks:birgits_giggle:

beat her like a rented mule?

No need to be a smart ass. Pat's contribution to women's basketball are immeasurable , she lobbied for passage of Title IX and took the women's game from dimly lit small gyms to the bright spotlight. A true pioneer who deserves the respect of all. Her records may fall in the future but her contributions will stand forever ,and they are unsurpassable. :twocents:

Reactions: 3 people
It is typical of UConn that the excellent ND team that they will play tonight is missing one of their two best players! With Achonwa ND would be very competitive with Ct.; without her it will be much tougher but ND will not a be a pushover-best coached team in the women's game.

RE Summitt: Massive respect for her but she made a lot of hay when the game was very young. It was /very/ obvious the last 10+ years of her coaching career that the offensive side of the game had completely passed her by--and, sadly, this is true of Warlick, too, a PS assistant for 25+ years. To say the Vols need a bit more coaching smarts and focus on player development would be an understatement.

Last edited:
she WAS the best, but every dog has his day and her's are history! Geno(I hate that stupid name) is the best now and hopefully soon he will begin the downhill slide.

No need to be a smart ass. Pat's contribution to women's basketball are immeasurable , she lobbied for passage of Title IX and took the women's game from dimly lit small gyms to the bright spotlight. A true pioneer who deserves the respect of all. Her records may fall in the future but her contributions will stand forever ,and they are unsurpassable. :twocents:

I respect her just fine but that doesn't mitigate the fact that Geno beat her worse than anyone ever did.

she WAS the best, but every dog has his day and her's are history! Geno(I love that stupid name
cause the man is a sui generis ) is the best now and hopefully soon he will begin the downhill slide. after he reaches 9,10. and 11[/QUOTE

had to fix a word or two:peace2:

lol this is no way being gule post just having bit of fun

Last edited:
It is typical of UConn that the excellent ND team that they will play tonight is missing one of their two best players! With Achonwa ND would be very competitive with Ct.; without her it will be much tougher but ND will not a be a pushover-best coached team in the women's game.

RE Summitt: Massive respect for her but she made a lot of hay when the game was very young. It was /very/ obvious the last 10+ years of her coaching career that the offensive side of the game had completely passed her by--and, sadly, this is true of Warlick, too, a PS assistant for 25+ years. To say the Vols need a bit more coaching smarts and focus on player development would be an understatement.

They, actually play tomorrow night :peace2:

lol the men play tonight .....not too shabby both men and women teams going for CHAMP

VN Store

Back