UT Signee's 15 Leads West To McDonald's Win

VN News

The Tennessee women's basketball program had a pair of future players in action Wednesday night in the McDonald's All America Game at the United Center, and both made plays to help their teams.

More...

It's so hard to get unbiased reporting from the press. I guess it's only natural that schools only promote their own in what they allow to appear. Unfortunately, that gives fans an unrealistically optimistic view of how good their team is. Fans would be better off seeking news from sources other than their own force fed babble to get a more accurate picture of their team. Even reading biased reporting of other schools helps.

Watching the game I was a little disappointed in Middleton. 4 straight possessions she just lost the ball while dribbling. Either she was pressing or she needs ball handling skills practice immediately.

It's so hard to get unbiased reporting from the press. I guess it's only natural that schools only promote their own in what they allow to appear. Unfortunately, that gives fans an unrealistically optimistic view of how good their team is. Fans would be better off seeking news from sources other than their own force fed babble to get a more accurate picture of their team. Even reading biased reporting of other schools helps.

so, maybe instead of whining about bias you might point where they were in error? or just shut the ."""" up!

Reactions: 6 people
Watching the game I was a little disappointed in Middleton. 4 straight possessions she just lost the ball while dribbling. Either she was pressing or she needs ball handling skills practice immediately.

This game was street ball, so I wouldn't read much into it. She also had 5-6 assists (a couple quite impressive ones, too) and was trying to play team ball, which is exactly what the LVs need.

This game was street ball, so I wouldn't read much into it. She also had 5-6 assists (a couple quite impressive ones, too) and was trying to play team ball, which is exactly what the LVs need.

Also, a couple of those passes to her were extremely low and in traffic where she had little time to recover.

They mention Ariel returning in that article. I don't know if that was just a pro forma mention from looking at the roster or if they expect her to be back and be healthy.

We will have lots of new presents to open next year. Dunbar, Nared, Middleton and Tucker. We really need someone who can hit the 10-15 ft shot consistently. That mid-range game is almost a lost art. I thought Burdick would be that player, but she struggled some this year.

Anyone know how Tucker compares to Diamond and Davis from her class? She was rated pretty close to them. We will be very happy if she has close to the skill level of DeShields.

They mention Ariel returning in that article. I don't know if that was just a pro forma mention from looking at the roster or if they expect her to be back and be healthy.

We will have lots of new presents to open next year. Dunbar, Nared, Middleton and Tucker. We really need someone who can hit the 10-15 ft shot consistently. That mid-range game is almost a lost art. I thought Burdick would be that player, but she struggled some this year.

Anyone know how Tucker compares to Diamond and Davis from her class? She was rated pretty close to them. We will be very happy if she has close to the skill level of DeShields.

If Tucker is anywhere close to the level of Diamond or Kaela, then Tennessee will be blessed. And to think...Tennessee was sooooo close to landing either of them. That would have really changed the way this season went on, but...sigh.

I think that one must be careful about pinning too much hopes on her, since she's coming off injury and no one knows how she will recover. But if she still has the shooter's touch, then that will really help Tennessee.

Tucker will be a freshman with almost a solid year of practice play before her first game. She should play better than Deshields & Davis did as freshies, IMHO

Reactions: 1 person
Tucker will be a freshman with almost a solid year of practice play before her first game. She should play better than Deshields & Davis did as freshies, IMHO

Wishful thinking, IMO. Practice is not game play. Diamond and Kaela were special talents as freshmen. No way Tucker matches their freshmen output, especially as she's supposed to have surgery again.

Wishful thinking, IMO. Practice is not game play. Diamond and Kaela were special talents as freshmen. No way Tucker matches their freshmen output, especially as she's supposed to have surgery again.

Anyone know how serious it is? Sometimes they just clean things up a little so not every surgery has a long recovery time.

I didn't see how well Kaela did since she chose a team that isn't contending for anything. But I saw what Diamond did. Tucker would have to be awfully good to play that well even with a year under her belt.

One thing about Tucker though, after everything she has been through she isn't likely to get rattled on the court. She was Holly's first recruit and got the ball rolling for us when there was some worry about the transition's effect on recruiting. If she never scores a point she will be a favorite just because of the faith she showed in us.

do you know when they are supposed to do this surgery ? or where they waiting for her to rehab from the last one ? you would think they would have done it as soon as possible,to give her more time to rehab

VN Store

Back