Middleton, Nared At McDonald's All-American Game

VN News

For the third-straight season, the Tennessee women's basketball program is being represented by a pair of signees competing in the McDonald's All-American Game.

More...

Bianca Cuevas a NYC guard and a USC commit will be there along with her good friend A'ja Wilson. Yes the chat often. Congrats going back and forth through the HS state championship games.

Both Middleton & Nared have looked pretty good so far. Both have look to score and set up their teammates (Good balance). I see confidence in them both. Good sign in their first experience against this type competition.

Thomas from Ala is the type of player we need to be recruiting, aggressive can get to the rack and not scared of contact on both ends

Just based on this game:

Nared looks like she could be a keeper. Great body & skills. Reminds me of Alyssa Thomas.

Middleton looks like she will fit right in at Tennessee. She's a turnover machine. Making shots in a game is not the same as in a game of HORSE like the contests she won. Not impressed.

Reactions: 1 person
All I'll say is everyone in the game looked nervous even Wilson, so I don't put much stock in it. It was fun to see our recruits play

AA games are never a good indication of how good or how bad a player is. No defense and showboating to put on a good show. Not much you can read from these kinds of games.

Reactions: 2 people
Wilson looked a lot more timid than I expected. Reminding me of Russell. She needs to get stronger.

Middleton only got one 3-point attempt and hit it. She was open several times but the ball-hogs were driving one on three. Wilson looked weak to me.

Middleton only got one 3-point attempt and hit it. She was open several times but the ball-hogs were driving one on three. Wilson looked weak to me.

I concur! I seen her open plenty of times on the wing waving her hands for the other players to pass her the ball and she was wide open. Of course this is the All American game so players was trying to show off and worry about their own stats instead of winning the games. I'm sure she would have knocked down some treys but never got the chance. The only chance she really got was the one three she shot and even then she was heavily guarded. This is what irritates me with the All American games. Anyway I'm sure she will be a solid contributor for the Lady Vols. Cant wait to see her next year and Nared. What an impressive game for Nared. I am thoroughly impressed with her game, size, and skills. We should be a tough team next year adding Dunbar with the other two

Reactions: 2 people
You really can't take a lot from an All Star game if you did then UConn recruits want do anything in college. Neither could hit the side of a barn and missed the only two free throws they shot. Middleton made the mistake of trying to play within a team concept. She had some turnovers mainly because none of her teammates were looking for a pass. She threw about three perfect passes that sailed out of bounds because her teammates were not even looking.
Nared can score at will she hits the mid-range jumper and takes it to the basket. Burdick better get to work if she plans on keeping that three position.

I concur! I seen her open plenty of times on the wing waving her hands for the other players to pass her the ball and she was wide open. Of course this is the All American game so players was trying to show off and worry about their own stats instead of winning the games. I'm sure she would have knocked down some treys but never got the chance. The only chance she really got was the one three she shot and even then she was heavily guarded. This is what irritates me with the All American games. Anyway I'm sure she will be a solid contributor for the Lady Vols. Cant wait to see her next year and Nared. What an impressive game for Nared. I am thoroughly impressed with her game, size, and skills. We should be a tough team next year adding Dunbar with the other two

Which brings up the question in our horrific offense how would she ever get up a shot??
Convulted is correct there will be someone guarding her

VN Store

Back