Tyler Summitt New LA Tech HC!

A Big chance for him. If he brings that program back he will be a hot name in women's basketball.

Reactions: 1 person
wow that's awesome for him! congrats and good luck! (except when playing our Lady Vols of course)

Congrats to Tyler.He is young to have a HC gig. He has to be an impressive young man. Tyler is another job well done by Pat.

Reactions: 4 people
It's been hard to follow him as an assistant at Marquette. So I'll look forward to following him and the LaTech program under his leadership.

There's no sweeter ride than the ride up that starts at the bottom.

No sugar-coating it, though. LaTech has nearly dwindled to become a mere footnote in the history of NCAAW basketball.

Teresa Weatherspoon won the Nat'l Championship for LaTech, had a glorious, popular career in the WNBA, and returned to her alma mater as a legend to be an assistant coach. Within a year she had ascended to interim HC, then HC.

But two straight losing seasons--the first losing seasons in program history!--led to her firing. It was not a popular move, and alumnus Karl Malone tweated he would cease sending donation$ to LaTech because of how it happened.

Now, into this proud, historic, Fulmer-esque firing-divided program arrives another big name in women's basketball history. Obviously, the name "Summitt" will not achieve anything that the name "Weatherspoon" could not. So whatever Tyler accomplishes at LaTech, he will have earned it outside his mom's shadow.

Frankly, I just hope he survives the ride into town!

Good for him. Well-deserved. Maybe some years down the road we'll see him back on the Hill...

Well deserved? Based on what? Coming out of the right vagina when he was born? The guy is 23 with just a couple of years experience as an assistant. I wish him the best but this is a pedigree hire all the way.

Reactions: 5 people
Well deserved? Based on what? Coming out of the right vagina when he was born? The guy is 23 with just a couple of years experience as an assistant. I wish him the best but this is a pedigree hire all the way.

@BowlBrother85

No way to tell. Do you not think Tyler is legit?

@BowlBrother85

No way to tell. Do you not think Tyler is legit?

There is no way anyone could possibly know based on two years experience as a Marquette assistant. It's an obvious attempt by La Tech to make a news splash with this hire and this was the only way they could do it, I guess. It does make me feel old. I remember seeing Pat and her husband with Tyler at McGhee-Tyson when he was just a little boy. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago.

There is no way anyone could possibly know based on two years experience as a Marquette assistant. It's obvious attempt by La Tech to make a news splash with this hire and this was the only way they could do it, I guess. It does make me feel old. I remember seeing Pat and her husband with Tyler at McGhee-Tyson when he was just a little boy. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago.

It wasn't to us old ducks. I remember this like it was last week.

238328.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
Maybe he's the best bang for the buck. La Tech has already shown that they are not willing to spring for a coach at the level of Sulkey. Maybe they expect him to bring a lot of fan interest along with his basketball smarts and vagina creds.

On a side note, I went to watch the Marquette game at Vandy this year. Both his parents were in attendance, and he was very involved in the in-game coaching. He ran the huddles in a couple of timeouts, drawing up the offense & doing all the talking. Not the whole game, but the head coach was sharing with him. They had less talent, but beat Vandy on Vandy's home court, which we did not do. It'll be fun to cheer him on.

Remarkable always someone jealous.

VN Store

Back