No Shooters

willford65

Holly needs to go the J.C. way and get someone to hit the 3"S cause with Simmons gone , and its been proven this year that none of this freshman class are no outside threat! Burdick needs to sit and J.J. be her replacement,and where did Graves disappear to?

Holly needs to go the J.C. way and get someone to hit the 3"S cause with Simmons gone , and its been proven this year that none of this freshman class are no outside threat! Burdick needs to sit and J.J. be her replacement,and where did Graves disappear to?

Nared and Middleton are both 3-point shooters and they're already signed. Tucker is as well, and she should be ready to go by the fall.

Graves had 14 rebounds, I hardly call that disappearing.

JJ better than Burdick? I hope you're joking. You want to sit the team's emotional leader and best defender for someone that averages fewer points and rebounds? Give me a break.

Reactions: 4 people
nared and middleton are both 3-point shooters and they're already signed. Tucker is as well, and she should be ready to go by the fall.

Graves had 14 rebounds, i hardly call that disappearing.

Jj better than burdick? I hope you're joking. You want to sit the team's emotional leader and best defender for someone that averages fewer points and rebounds? Give me a break.
exactly!!! Some people just dont get the big picture

exactly!!! Some people just dont get the big picture

The "big picture" is we just got our butts kicked in the sweet 16 again. I am beginning to think the SEC isn't as great as advertised. . . We can make all the noise we want about how many SEC teams made it into the tourney but after tonight how many will be left?

What looked like a really promising season has turned into a major disappointment for me. I thought the LV's had really turned the corner & even I was convinced Holly was doing a decent job.

This "wait till next year" and we have "Jasmine Top Recruit" coming in is all getting really old.

Reactions: 1 person
Nared and Middleton are both 3-point shooters and they're already signed. Tucker is as well, and she should be ready to go by the fall.

FWIW, Nared only hit 23% of her 3-pt. shots this year (34 of 150) while Middleton hit 38% of hers (35 of 92). Dunbar made 35% (58 of 166) of her 3-pt. attempts.

Overall, Nared shot 43% from the field her last 2 seasons while Middleton connected on 45% of her FG attempts.

FWIW, Nared only hit 23% of her 3-pt. shots this year (34 of 150) while Middleton hit 38% of hers (35 of 92). Dunbar made 35% (58 of 166) of her 3-pt. attempts.

Overall, Nared shot 43% from the field her last 2 seasons while Middleton connected on 45% of her FG attempts.

If Nared has a reliable mid range jumper and can slash or pull up, then she would be a significant upgrade even without the 3.

Burdick would be better utilized at the high post than the wing if her missing mid-range jumper doesn't magically resurface. She was automatic with that shot last year, and now she looks afraid to shoot unless she makes her first few shots. At this point, she's better suited as a reserve. Good rebounder, but she doesn't play well with contact and doesn't have perimeter skills. Classic tweener player with no true position.

Watch two of the freshmen tomorrow on ESPNU McDonald's All-American game you will get some idea if they can help or not.

Watch two of the freshmen tomorrow on ESPNU McDonald's All-American game you will get some idea if they can help or not.

I don't trust AA games. No defense, and helper skelter offense. I'll be patient and wait till tip off next year.

Middleton became the first MCDAA to win 2 competitions....3pt shooting and skills...and nearly beat the guys 3pt winner to take home all 3 wins....Holly and staff know what they're doing so OP just relax

Holly and staff know what they're doing so OP just relax

Puhleez, Holly has to get past the sweet 16 to prove to Tennessee fans that she knows what she is doing. Playing at a consistently high level is not something this team has accomplished.

Regarding Middleton, it would be more than just a little embarrassing if Holly did not recognize such a talent in her own backyard, eh? Now, develop Middleton into a college star. Oh yeah, and while you're at it, improve last year's number 1, Mercedes Russell. Holly has a long way to go before she earns any accolades. We are Tennessee. We expect better.

She did that last year.

My point is for Tennessee to not surpass the Sweet Sixteen every year is an embarrassment. It appears many of you are happy where the women's game now resides.

I truly hope Alexa Middleton, Jaime Nared, Kortney Dunbar, and Jannah Tucker all participate in cutting down National Championship Nets while at Tennessee, but this team is going to have to be coached up for it to happen.

I watched both the Norte Dame & UConn games tonight. It was so obvious to me that ND is so much better coached than TN. IMO TN & ND are evenly matched as far as talent goes. OTOH Jewel Lloyd of ND is probably better than anyone TN has.

Reactions: 2 people
The "Big Picture" is that if you only have one outside threat that Simmons was and she is not on the floor it can mean a sluggish and almost a stale offense,this almost cost us a victory in the tournament till she came back in. You have to have at least three people to be threat from the arc. Burdick has to be more of a reliable from the 15 foot range,which she was not. This what it takes to be a complete player and leader!

Graves had 14 rebounds, I hardly call that disappearing.

JJ better than Burdick? I hope you're joking. You want to sit the team's emotional leader and best defender for someone that averages fewer points and rebounds? Give me a break.

I think he/she was speaking for the whole year . And while it might not be true that Graves disappeared, she certainly did not perform up to last years standards as her rebounds were down 15 % and her scoring was down 30 % . So maybe she did disappear a few games

I think he/she was speaking for the whole year . And while it might not be true that Graves disappeared, she certainly did not perform up to last years standards as her rebounds were down 15 % and her scoring was down 30 % . So maybe she did disappear a few games

It`s not she disappeared this year. But to me she just don`t have the length or size to go up against the bigs on the other team. and just throwing the ball at the basket every time she drives right will not cut it. The same with J.Jones only can go right. I see HW moving Izzy to the 4 that`s the plan i would think.

If Nared has a reliable mid range jumper and can slash or pull up, then she would be a significant upgrade even without the 3.

Burdick would be better utilized at the high post than the wing if her missing mid-range jumper doesn't magically resurface. She was automatic with that shot last year, and now she looks afraid to shoot unless she makes her first few shots. At this point, she's better suited as a reserve. Good rebounder, but she doesn't play well with contact and doesn't have perimeter skills. Classic tweener player with no true position.

We have players with obvious weaknesses and they are evident on offense because UT's offense is BAD. We don't run a proper offense and show patience. We think we are a good team because we win the overrated SEC (who besides Kentucky was good? Nobody. LSU was OK but not very talented) and then we get to the NCAA and we see how mediocre our coaches are--believe it. Burdick doesn't really fit in one position--good point--but she can be a good spot-up shooter, but you need to run a good offense so she can get open.

And, right again, the high post is a good spot for her. She's also a decent rebounder (but not a good man defender). We have had three-point shooters before--but they've lacked athleticism, and they need to be open; they're not going to create themselves. If there is one constant with UT, it is ragged, sloppy offensive play.

Reactions: 2 people

FYI...Simmons shot 255-740 .345% for her college career. So, not too concerned if we have three shooters with pretty good high school %.

VN Store

Back