Time to bring Nikki Caldwell home?

madbamahater

Do you all support a Lady Vols coaching change? I know LSU lost 3 times to the Lady Vols in close games. But it seems Caldwell is overachieving with the team she has.

I think sky is the limit with the resources at UT for her. I believe she could sustain a constant top 5 program at UT. We may be slip, slip, slipping away. Now may be the chance to get her and move forward.

Thoughts?

Reactions: 7 people
Not Caldwell not the answer. Holly and the Lady Vols have dominated her teams head to head in the last two seasons.

Reactions: 2 people
Is this serious?

I get it. We didn't win a national championship, and Holly Warlick isn't Pat Summitt...but let me make something very, VERY clear. We're never going to see someone the caliber of Pat Summitt at UT ever again. The only person that even comes close to comparing to her is Geno Auriemma, and he's not leaving UConn unless it's for a chance to coach mens basketball. Pat Summitt is a one of a kind, and we're not going to find anyone who is going to mimic the success she had in her prime.

Holly Warlick is a damn good coach. About as good as you're going to realistically find. She's going to win a title or two at UT, and is going to retire being remembered as a great coach. An elite eight and sweet 16 loss is nothing to be ashamed of. Pat Summit lost in the Final Four twice, lost in the title game once, and the sweet sixteen once before capturing her first. And that was before she had to worry about competing with Geno.

Stop the overreacting, we've got a great coach who is going to lead us to a lot of wins, and you're stupid if you think we can find anything better.

Reactions: 32 people
Is this serious?

I get it. We didn't win a national championship, and Holly Warlick isn't Pat Summitt...but let me make something very, VERY clear. We're never going to see someone the caliber of Pat Summitt at UT ever again. The only person that even comes close to comparing to her is Geno Auriemma, and he's not leaving UConn unless it's for a chance to coach mens basketball. Pat Summitt is a one of a kind, and we're not going to find anyone who is going to mimic the success she had in her prime.

Holly Warlick is a damn good coach. About as good as you're going to realistically find. She's going to win a title or two at UT, and is going to retire being remembered as a great coach. An elite eight and sweet 16 loss is nothing to be ashamed of. Pat Summit lost in the Final Four twice, lost in the title game once, and the sweet sixteen once before capturing her first. And that was before she had to worry about competing with Geno.

Stop the overreacting, we've got a great coach who is going to lead us to a lot of wins, and you're stupid if you think we can find anything better.

Excellent post. :thumbsup:

Reactions: 3 people
Holly has had her ups and downs as a coach. Not even thinking about a change and anyone else who thinks so is dreaming. She has at least two more seasons to get things right. Were really gonna have to come up with a plan to cut down on turnovers. She may need another coach to take over the offense. It is wretched right now as far as ball movement and making defenses work.

You will see improvement starting next year now that Simmons is gone. When she was on she could be great, unfortunately she was off more times than she was on, and she absolutely killed the team at numerous times. Book it.

Reactions: 3 people
Doesn't Caldwell kinda have a ****ty squad down there that is in the sweet 16?

She hasn't got it done as a coach. She was Stanford's whipping boy when she was coach at UCLA. She has some good not great players at LSU hasn't recruited there as well as they used to and that is something she should be able to do in that area.

Holly and Butch are ok.

I'm 50/50 on Cuonzo.

The baseball guy is also good.

I beg to differ...the jury is still out on Jones and Warwick. Another 5 -7 football season or no bowl game...I'm starting a fire Butch thread!:salute:

I'd give Holly two more years & see what happens after that. If there's no improvement then I think they start looking around for a replacement.

Reactions: 1 person
So you want your 10 minutes of fame by starting this crappy tread about another coaching change. Can we at least give her a chance? Holly has been a Vol more than half of her life. GTF otta here.

Reactions: 4 people
Doesnt matter who the coach is Womens BB will always be dominated by UConn until Mr Perfect retires

The women have been a turnover machine under Holly and one would think that would be somewhat of an easy fix. Guess not. But if anybody thinks Caldwell is going to recruit the type of players at LSU that Tn recruits are fooling themselves. Caldwell did bring a shi**y squad to Knoxville and beat Holly. I personally don't think Holly is a good coach.

Doesnt matter who the coach is Womens BB will always be dominated by UConn until Mr Perfect retires

Geno has been out recruiting everybody the last few years and had the most dominant teams. I dont think he is the beat coach. He has had the best players.

Reactions: 1 person
Geno has been out recruiting everybody the last few years and had the most dominant teams. I dont think he is the beat coach. He has had the best players.

they are winning championships and you can spin it ever how you want it. Good coaches gets the best players just like Summit did.

Let's see how they are next year...assuming they don't get Wilson.

They are going to be thin at the post the next 2 years unless they recruit some height in the next class.

VN Store

Back