Thank you, Meighan Simmons!

VollyParton

Blue Hair
So proud for you for all of your accomplishments. I will miss you as much as any Lady Vol fan, and will be watching you in your future endeavors.
xxoo,
VollyP

Reactions: 11 people
on ignore list as of now

this thread is to tell young Miss
Simmons what a true Vol she has been and will continue to be,she has played with the love of the Mighty Vols in her heart and has never wavered in that,congrats young Lady :hi:

Reactions: 3 people
Really, should I criticize Meighan for believing that "pushing yourself harder" is the answer to overcoming every fault or obstacle?

It's so easy from a distance to see that some problems just don't yield to increased effort, greater intensity, more speed. But how many adults never learn that? And how many adults only demand more of others, not themselves?

So whatever frustrations I may have occasionally felt with Meighan's court sense or "shooter's mentality"... I know without a doubt the answer to this one question:
Was there ever a day I didn't see Meighan giving her all for Tennessee? No.

Reactions: 1 person
Thank you for being a Lady Vol, Meighan. You will be missed on the court next season but your time here at UT will not be forgotten. Once a Lady Vol always a Lady Vol.

No player is perfect. Meighan gave it all she had and I'm glad she was a Lady Vol. I have a sneaky feeling that if she gets under the right coach, she may surprise some people at the next level. She was like a wild stallion that needed to be broke. I saw signs of progress and control this year. The right coach may make her into a derby winner.

Thank you Meighan for 4 years of giving 100%. You've taken a lot of unnecessary flack for shooting so much. But for those of us who actually spend our money to travel and go to games, we are thankful for your efforts. I saw you not wanting to lose.......passing unselfishly when you could have taken the shot because you wanted others involved. When they didn't, you tried to get the points. A few thoughts to take with you:
1. Return to the player you were when you came here. Your BEST shot has always been when you looked like a corkscrew in the air. Forget any coach that told you to stop. Alyssa Thomas beat UT yesterday and the announcers could not talk enough about her awkward shot.
2. Remember what Pat Summit once said in an interview about your shot selection. " I find myself saying, no Meighan, no....oh....great shot."
3.Never slow down. Speedy is Tennessee basketball and so are you.
4. I hope you will get a good WNBA bid. Be yourself and the team will be better for having you.

I thought this was by far her best season. She got to the foul line a lot more was taking the ball into the paint more not settling for jump shots. She had a great career here appreciate he contribution to the team wish her a great WNBA career.

Thanks, Meighan. I watched you for years and never saw you give less than 100%. You never quit and carried yourself like a true LADY Vol. We enjoyed watching you play and wish you all the best at the next level. VFL!

Meighan could sometimes lose control of her game , however I never doubted her effort , or that she wasn't giving her all for the Lady Vols

VN Store

Back