Lady Vols earn No. 1 seed

Easy opener. Lots of games to go from there. Don't see anyone to stop Stanford until they get to UCONN. One game at a time though. Let's go LV's.

possibility of playing USC (who beat Stanford), Maryland, West Virginia (or Louisville), Notre Dame, UConn to win a championship (that would not be fun)

9-1 possible matchup against USC could be trouble (they beat Stanford in the PAC 12 tournament). Also may have to play Louisville in the Elite 8 again (ugh), and it would be on the road.

UCONN pretty much has a bye to the title game. No one on that side of the bracket plays them within 20.

Play Northwestern State on Saturday.

LOL. "South Carolina, y'all did good. Go beat Stanford at Stanford to get to the Final Four. Tennessee, y'all did good too. Go beat Louisville at Louisville and you can go to the Final Four, too. Or maybe West Virginia, but you know, maybe Louisville too." Ah. Comedy. Here's hoping UT keeps up its play and steamrolls on to Nashville.

I know UT's benefited in the past as well, but I've never understood the Stanford bracket deal. They pretty much get the rewards of a #1 seed every year. Even if it says "#2" next to their name, we all know who's got the best deal out of that bracket.

LOL. "South Carolina, y'all did good. Go beat Stanford at Stanford to get to the Final Four. Tennessee, y'all did good too. Go beat Louisville at Louisville and you can go to the Final Four, too. Or maybe West Virginia, but you know, maybe Louisville too." Ah. Comedy. Here's hoping UT keeps up its play and steamrolls on to Nashville.

I know UT's benefited in the past as well, but I've never understood the Stanford bracket deal. They pretty much get the rewards of a #1 seed every year. Even if it says "#2" next to their name, we all know who's got the best deal out of that bracket.

I don't know if its the committee as much as the principles they use--specifically the geographic S-curve. Most of the best teams are east of the missisippi river and texas--in fact nearly all of them excluding Stanford. When you use the geographic s-surve and always have a regional in California or Washington state it is inherently likely that the last remanding pick on a seed line--typically the last 2, 3 or 4 is going to go out west by default.

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee's bracket is BY FAR the hardest of the four. Last year we had it easy (after the Baylor loss). Not this year.

Tennessee's bracket is BY FAR the hardest of the four. Last year we had it easy (after the Baylor loss). Not this year.

West Virginia is the weakest #2
Louisville is the second weakest #3
Maryland is probably tied with UNC as the best #4
LSU is a tough #7 who matches up well with Tennessee, but they're not surviving their region.

I'd say Tennessee has one of the easier regions. UConn has the easiest, but there isn't really any team out there not named Notre Dame that can touch them. If Tennessee doesn't make the Final Four, they will have blown a great opportunity...

I don't see any of the brackets as particularly hard. We're better than all the teams in our bracket. If we hold serve, we play in Knoxville, Louisville, and then Nashville. Couldn't ask for better geography and fan turnout.

If we can't beat NW, USC, MD, or WV/UL we certainly can't beat ND or UCONN.

I don't see any of the brackets as particularly hard. We're better than all the teams in our bracket. If we hold serve, we play in Knoxville, Louisville, and then Nashville. Couldn't ask for better geography and fan turnout.

If we can't beat NW, USC, MD, or WV/UL we certainly can't beat ND or UCONN.

The Maryland game will be a good one. I've always thought that Cierra Burdick should be every bit as good as Alyssa Thomas; they have the same skillset, but Burdick hasn't shown up with the consistency.

Simmons needs to put the SEC tournament behind her and come out with a cool head. Tennessee was lucky to win the SEC championship with their non-existent perimeter game; they won't get lucky again if they aren't hitting from the outside and giving Harrison/Graves some breathing room in the post.

The Maryland game will be a good one. I've always thought that Cierra Burdick should be every bit as good as Alyssa Thomas; they have the same skillset, but Burdick hasn't shown up with the consistency.

Simmons needs to put the SEC tournament behind her and come out with a cool head. Tennessee was lucky to win the SEC championship with their non-existent perimeter game; they won't get lucky again if they aren't hitting from the outside and giving Harrison/Graves some breathing room in the post.

Disagree completely with your statement regarding luck. The reason they won was the emergence of Jordan Reynolds. Besides, UT won 3 tough games where Simmons didn't show up. That's not luck...that finding a way to win when your stars aren't on their game. That wouldn't have happened earlier in the season.

Reactions: 2 people
Disagree completely with your statement regarding luck. The reason they won was the emergence of Jordan Reynolds. Besides, UT won 3 tough games where Simmons didn't show up. That's not luck...that finding a way to win when your stars aren't on their game. That wouldn't have happened earlier in the season.

Reynolds played well no doubt, but they 100% will not beat Louisville, Notre Dame or UConn if they cannot hit outside shots with some regularity. They beat LSU and TAMU because they were able to dominate the paint, so the lack of perimeter shooting didn't matter as much. UConn's Gruesome Twosome will own the inside, and they can get right inside Harrison's bra if the Tennessee perimeter players can't keep them honest.

I hope they feed Russell red meat and mean pills 5 meals a day till game time. We need a monster in the paint to beat the likes of ND, UL & those dog*****es up north.

VN Store

Back