Through The Lens: 2014 SEC Women's Champs

VN News

Relive the hard-fought 2014 SEC Championship game day from start to finish with the Lady Vols through the lens of team photographer Donald Page

More...

Yesterday was a great day. It was heart warming to see these girls get the job done. I've been to a lot of SEC championships but I've never seen the team take as long to cut the nets. They finally had to call the players over the PA to come cut the nets. Right after the awards ceremony, the team went to the first row of the stands and went all the way around the arena about 1 and 1/2 times giving hugs, high fives, autographs and having their pictures made with fans. It was one proud moment. They may not win the national championship and may not even make it to the final four, but I'm damn proud they are my team.

Reactions: 3 people
it was nice to see Massenagle running up and down the court,but CHW said nothing new there

I watched the SEC Championship game re-play again yesterday at WatchESPN. Then I watched the Championship Trophy presentation. I'm very proud of these girls that fought so hard to win this for UT so we can stay on top as we should be. I hope next season will bring another Championship crown to UT with all the talent that will be on the floor. We should be almost unstoppable for next year.

Reactions: 1 person
I tell you one thing guys. It isn't going to be easy getting out of Knoxville. USC is going to give them a game. They better have their jock straps uh I mean bra straps fastened down.

The second round of the tournament DOES seem pretty early in the tournament for a #1 to potentially play a ranked top #25 team, however, USC is technically the underdog in their first round game against St. John's. FWIW, St. John's beat TAM and USC lost by 20 to South Carolina. However, both St. John and USC have a bunch of losses against unranked, so they are obviously beatable and having to play us in Knoxville the way our girls are playing, I have my money on us.

But, yeah, if we bring the team that played Vandy at Vandy and LSU at home, then it could get interesting no matter who we play. I'm betting we bring the team that won the SEC tournament though :)

VN Store

Back