Mitchell blames Burdick for Technicals

After all of the calls Mitchell got he needs to excuse himself and take a powder.

Reactions: 6 people
The referees called two different games, one each half and the first half physical. And the allowing physical play as we know increases as the NCAA moves into play.

Then they needed a fire hose approach to try and bring order.

Reactions: 2 people
He called Cierra out and she did nothing physical. It was all his players that were doing the pushing and shoving under the basket. He can say what he wants players talk in basketball games I'm sure his players were doing plenty as well. He sounds like a sore loser.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
The referees called two different games, one each half and the first half physical. And the allowing physical play as we know increases as the NCAA moves into play.

Then they needed a fire hose approach to try and bring order.

We should have went to the foul line five or six more times in the first half. They let Kentucky get rough in that half and wouldn't make the calls. We responded and Kentucky didn't like it to bad.

Pretty sad statement by him. I didn't see any comments he had regarding all the over the backs by Kentucky on rebounding and getting away with fouls when the LV's were going to the rim. He probably missed those. :)

LOL they always do don't they!!!!!:hi:

Reactions: 1 person
Pat and other coaches and analysts have pointed out for years that he runs a quickness scheme with a lot of hacking and hand checks as part of the system. He goes deep into the bench and just counts on the officials getting tired of calling all the fouls they see. Yet, the league office does nothing about it because they have ulterior motives in having another SEC program do well in the national rankings.

He can go cry on his mommy's lap that he didn't get his way.

Reactions: 7 people
KY got more than their share of no calls. They were mugging our girls under the basket. Izzy was knocked to the floor blatantly by that big buffoon. He doesn't expect her to take up for her team mate? O'Neill constantly jumped into defenders when she shot to get fouls called and it worked. I didn't hear him complain about that.

Reactions: 5 people
Let's face it. UK was getting lucky. Their centers were making 3's. They were getting the rolls. Several of ours were rolling out and not going down. UK was allowed to be more physical than us. They also got more calls IMO. Just one example: Walker CLEARLY intentionally fouled Izzy. It should have been 2 shots AND the ball back.

If that same game had been played a 100 times, we win by an average of 10 to 15 points. They were VERY fortunate to only lose by 1. Don't even get me started on that phantom foul call to end the game.

Burdick clearly did not foul McNeill on the last play. If there was any contact at all it was McNeill's knee into Burdick after the shot was released. And Burdick was mugged repeatedly under the basket on offense. Poor officiating for an important game.

Pat and other coaches and analysts have pointed out for years that he runs a quickness scheme with a lot of hacking and hand checks as part of the system. He goes deep into the bench and just counts on the officials getting tired of calling all the fouls they see. Yet, the league office does nothing about it because they have ulterior motives in having another SEC program do well in the national rankings.

He can go cry on his mommy's lap that he didn't get his way.

I am glad I am not the only one who has noted this. The new rules took away his gameplan on the perimeter and he spent most of the season figuring out how his posts could get away with fouling more.

He is mad Burdick said something to his girls while they were out headhunting. Boo frickin' hoo.

That is why when he was mentioned as a possible replacement for Pat I never wanted him. It is also why UConn destroys his team. They aren't allowed to get away with as much in the tournament when the spotlight is on... especially against UConn. You never see their games get rough because the refs don't allow it. All of ours are slugfests.

Let's face it. UK was getting lucky. Their centers were making 3's. They were getting the rolls. Several of ours were rolling out and not going down. UK was allowed to be more physical than us. They also got more calls IMO. Just one example: Walker CLEARLY intentionally fouled Izzy. It should have been 2 shots AND the ball back.

If that same game had been played a 100 times, we win by an average of 10 to 15 points. They were VERY fortunate to only lose by 1. Don't even get me started on that phantom foul call to end the game.

Agreed,Clkou,the Walker foul was blatant and no basketball play was made. Not only should Izzy have two shots and the LVs have gotten the ball,but an ejection of Walker was warranted. On the phantom foul at the end of the game,there you have a synopsis of the officiating that our LVs contend with on a regular basis. The play was reviewed and to right the wrong that was done,the foul should have been made a before the shot call with two free throws,though that would still have been wrong.By the way, did anyone else notice that after Lisa Mattingly called the double technical on ,I think Jones and Bishop,every call she made went Kentucky's way?

Mitchell has risen up the scumbag ladder.

Burdick plays very hard, but not dirty.

After hearing this ridiculous nonsense, Mitchell should be investigated for the clearly apparent savage attack by his big gal. She should have been ejected for her vicious attack on Harrison because it could have caused serious damage. And if she was instructed by Scumbag Mitchell to carry out the assault, then he should be banned from coaching.

It is hard to even fathom someone like this jerk making such an accusation against Burdick when his thugs had been getting away with hammering our players all throughout the game.

Beating Ky was great, but now it is even sweeter. This guy is an embarrassment to Women's Basketball, and especially to the SEC.

He is a bigger loser than I thought!

Way to go, Lady Vols, in outing this poor excuse of a coach.

Let's pretend for a moment Mitchell's right and Cierra was the one who started it (which I don't believe for a minute but go with me moment). That means Mitchell is whining his girl's aren't smart enough to keep their heads during a big game and that Cierra took them to school. Owning your opponent's mind is as much a part of the game as outplaying them physically.

Mitchell claiming his girls had their minds messed with doesn't speak well of him as a coach or his understanding of the game.

Cierra said it best, "Chippiness happens...This is basketball." Anyone who has ever played knows this.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back