• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

Lady vol hoops central: Sec final

VN News

#6/6 Tennessee (26-5) plays #12/13 Kentucky (24-7) on Sunday at 3:30 p.m. ET (ESPN/WatchESPN/LVN).
video_icon.png
WATCH LIVE | LISTEN LIVE | LIVE STATS | LIVE BLOG | BUY TICKETS | GAME NOTES

More...

I got the final two right, but thought SC would lose to GA. instead of UK.

Now, let's just get the final pick right!

If Tennessee wins this and gets a one seed or loses and gets a two seed they probably get Duke or Louisville in their bracket either way so it won't change much. But, I'd love to see them win and get the one seed.

I wish they'd get a 16 seed in UConn's bracket, beat their ass early or get the pain over with quickly.

Realistically speaking , the Quick Draw Mcgraws will play the Auri-enemas for the NC. Hope our ladies make it to the final four. :twocents:

Reactions: 1 person
The LadyVols will win and get a #1 seed. I think the LadyVols will make in to the Final Four.

with the up and down play of this team, it wouldn't surprise me if we failed to make the elite eight this year. there have been many times this year that i thought they were peaking, but they would prove me wrong in the very next game. today, they'll need to improve their zone defense, and even switch it up during the game as much as possible to keep kentucky guessing; otherwise, it's another loss to kentucky. if we continue not being able to put together 40 min games, the season ends earlier than pre-season expectations.

that said, if the combo of cierra, jordan and mercedes, continue to contribute at the level they did yesterday, this team could be headed to the final four. fortunately mercedes and jordan were on the floor at the same time. it appears as if jordan trusts mercedes' ability a lot more than others on the floor and knows how to get her the ball. i only wish others saw the potential yesterday and will trust her enough to throw the ball into the low post, even if she turns it over occasionally. i saw too many games this season where 6'6" mercedes russell is patroling the top of the circle vs being in the low post, even when we played teams who didn't have the height to counter. go figure!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Sloughing around for the first 20 minutes is going to catch up with this team...hopefully not today.

with the up and down play of this team, it wouldn't surprise me if we failed to make the elite eight this year. there have been many times this year that i thought they were peaking, but they would prove me wrong in the very next game. today, they'll need to improve their zone defense, and even switch it up during the game as much as possible to keep kentucky guessing; otherwise, it's another loss to kentucky. if we continue not being able to put together 40 min games, the season ends earlier than pre-season expectations.

that said, if the combo of cierra, jordan and mercedes, continue to contribute at the level they did yesterday, this team could be headed to the final four. fortunately mercedes and jordan were on the floor at the same time. it appears as if jordan trusts mercedes' ability a lot more than others on the floor and knows how to get her the ball. i only wish others saw the potential yesterday and will trust her enough to throw the ball into the low post, even if she turns it over occasionally. i saw too many games this season where 6'6" mercedes russell is patroling the top of the circle vs being in the low post, even when we played teams who didn't have the height to counter. go figure!!!

I understand getting Russell out for some pics and rolls,but she should be under the basket a lot more,she will kick some ass after some SEC strength training and learning to look for all those passes that come her way,of course that may just be my thinking too :)

VN Store

Back