SEC Tournament Diaries: Day 3

VN News

The Lady Vols defeated Texas A&M, 86-77, to advance to their 22nd SEC Championship game. UT will compete for its 17th tournament title.

More...

The attendance for the tournament to date is pitiful. Needs to be moved to one of the five major cities in Tennessee.

Reactions: 2 people
If you think attendance is bad in Duluth this year, wait until next year in N. Little Rock! I cannot think of a worse venue, and a number of my Lady Vol friends have already said they do not plan to go to the tournament next year because of its location. I have to admit that I am seriously considering not attending myself. And, if there is one thing without a doubt, if Lady Vol fans stay away from the SEC tournament in droves, attendance will be unquestionably poor.

Jim

Reactions: 3 people
Does anyone know if the economics of the women's tourney is posted anywhere? It would be interesting to see the cost of venue vs. attendance. I bet going to an outpost like the Gwinnett Center or Little Rock is a fraction of the cost of going to a prime venue. The men's tourney would never be in these places. Maybe someone can call foul via Title IX.

VN Store

Back