Warlick Better Get a Grip on Simmons...

armchair

You can't have a player shoot 3-17--you just can't. Warlick has apparently missed all of the big games in which Simmons has shot terribly, like this one--games that UT has LOST. It looked like the light had finally come on for Simmons--but it's dark again, I'm afraid. And when UT faces a good team in the NCAA tourney, and Simmons starts putting up brick after brick, UT will lose. Depth is a problem, because Massengale seems to enjoy watching games now more than playing, but the coach needs to know when to tell Simmons to stop shooting, for the good of the team. And that needs to happen before she's hoisted 17 shots. When the ball is not dropping, you stop shooting and starting trying to create good shots for your teammates. Simmons has quickness--drive and dish. But that didn't happen either--a meager 2 assists. If I were a mafia don, I'd turn to Warlick and say, "Handle it." If only she knew how...

Reactions: 3 people
You are wrong. One played good and one is hurt and cannot play. Tenn played a great game but some try to find fault. So funny.

Reactions: 3 people
You can't have a player shoot 3-17--you just can't. Warlick has apparently missed all of the big games in which Simmons has shot terribly, like this one--games that UT has LOST. It looked like the light had finally come on for Simmons--but it's dark again, I'm afraid. And when UT faces a good team in the NCAA tourney, and Simmons starts putting up brick after brick, UT will lose. Depth is a problem, because Massengale seems to enjoy watching games now more than playing, but the coach needs to know when to tell Simmons to stop shooting, for the good of the team. And that needs to happen before she's hoisted 17 shots. When the ball is not dropping, you stop shooting and starting trying to create good shots for your teammates. Simmons has quickness--drive and dish. But that didn't happen either--a meager 2 assists. If I were a mafia don, I'd turn to Warlick and say, "Handle it." If only she knew how...
Normally I would somewhat agree with you, but when the posts are grabbing offensive rebounds like they were today a missed shot by Simmons is as good as a pass. If she hits great. If not, chances are we'll grab the rebound and put it back.

I would be with you if she was taking bad shots. She isn't shots are not falling. A coach can't tell a player not to shoot the shots she is getting. She had several shots in the paint. She did take one three she should have passed up. She is trying hard have to give her credit for that. She could come up huge for us tomorrow time for her to have a big game.

Reactions: 4 people
I think CHW would have sat her a little more if Reynolds hadn't gotten into foul trouble in the first half,Simmons is going into her old habit of trying to do to much, or so i think anyway

somebody needs to explain to her ,that she doesn't have to do it all on her own again,she just needs to settle down and run some offense and look for the open shots,instead of jacking up unnecessary shots and damn so many of them have rattled out on her

that is a very cheap shot at a player that most probably has a concussion armchair,that is tacky and uncalled for,we may never know what is going on with her,till she decides to say what,if she ever decides to tell

Reactions: 7 people
I honestly don't believe she will have 3 bad games in a row. I look for her to go off tomorrow. She's tough and competitive. Shell get it done

You need to drop your bull **** regarding her. Also, you like to think of yourself as a coach, but you don't know crap about how to coach or how to play. Your MO is really starting to get old in here. Here's how your critique works, you find something that's not working as usual and you go off on a tangent how to fix it. Again, unfortunately, you just don't know.:hi:

Reactions: 10 people
When Meighan's outside shot failed her, she tried to drive inside and drew fouls, exactly as she should have. She pulled down at least 4 rebounds (defensive, I think), had a steal and 13 pts. She's not chopped liver even when her shot isn't falling.

She's a very emotional player, and I hope she can find a way to channel the emotions and use them to her advantage. She's a great player.

Reactions: 8 people
Get off Simmons. Bad 2 days but with 14 and 15 points. She wants to win. Izzy started off missing her first 5-6 shots but wasn't removed from the game. Then she got into it with some good feeds from Carter and Simmons. Some players know if they miss, they will be taken out. What effect does that have before you shoot?

There is a reason Meighan is the NUMBER FIVE, yes, that's right, Number five ALL TIME in scoring for the Lady Vols. That's pretty good company if you ask me. If anybody here thinks they can coach better than Holly they need to trot their butt to Duluth, come to section 118. Dave Hart and Jimmy Cheek have been sitting right in front of me in 118 and you can tell them to fire Holly, save some money, because you are a better coach anyway. I'm sure they would be thrilled to have your services.

You can't have a player shoot 3-17--you just can't.

I stopped reading here. You obviously have no idea how sports works. All players, if given the opportunity will eventually shoot 3-17 or worse. I heard all the "Simmons sucks" chatter early in the year and you were all wrong then and you are all still wrong. She's a great player and needs to be playing - end of story. But, she will be finished playing for us at the end of this year and then you can start complaining about another player.

Yes, it does. Seems that VN is full of wanna be coaches now a days. There's more to it than watching a you tube clinic on techniques or playing a computer game.

well i am a wanna be coach,just ask me during the game,I was a wreck after todays game :)

but there is no need to take cheap shots at an injured player,that could be on her 5th concussion,we know she has had 4

well i am a wanna be coach,just ask me during the game,I was a wreck after todays game :)

but there is no need to take cheap shots at an injured player,that could be on her 5th concussion,we know she has had 4

I agree. It got old after the first time. Anytime anyone questions it, I'll be on it. You don't treat serious injuries lightly. Returning a player too soon is opening the door to serious consequences for the player.

I just hope that she will be ok and get back to playing some ball,when she is ready and no long term damage has been done,this is just a game,there is no telling what kind of long term damage has been done,if any

I just hope that she will be ok and get back to playing some ball,when she is ready and no long term damage has been done,this is just a game,there is no telling what kind of long term damage has been done,if any

I hope, too, that none has occurred. The longer she is out the more I fear she may never play again. Good thing the Lady Vols are more than just a basketball team. She has a good support system for life. Vol For Life started with Pat and the Lady Vols.

Reactions: 1 person
I could deal with the few reckless Simmons takes if she would commit to playing solid defense, senior leaders play consistent defense..

Every Tennessee team needs to play with the fire and competitiveness our ladies have demonstrated.

She. Has. Not. Been. Cleared. By. Doctors.

8-36 is not good for a senior/scorer/shooter/(last 2 games). Simmons is a great player don't get me wrong when they aren't fallen, use your skills for other players to get involved. I just hope she gets hot tomorrow and stays hot throughout the ncaa tournament. GBO

I believe OP has some type of head injury, taking shots at the Lady Vols. You don't know, so sit in your hole and stew!

Reactions: 2 people
I have heard the complaints about Simmons and it really gets under my skin. She did have a couple of bad shooting games, but she still does so much for this team. Her speed is something that does not show up in the box score, but it does affect the opposing team.

We would not be anywhere near where we are today without Simmons. She is a great asset to our team. I am very proud and thankful that Meighan Simmons chose to be a Lady Vol. She is an outstanding player who anyone would love to have on their team.

Wow man just wow and you call yourself a vol fan?? You're more like a troll and don't bring anything to this board but negative stuff

Reactions: 2 people

You seem to enjoy being a dillweed

VN Store

Back