Super Frosh

Smokedog76

Half way through the season I would never have guessed that our two highly rated freshman would be at this point in the SEC tourney. 8 of 9 from the field and 3 of 3 from the FT line. Both have really grown the second half of the season. I guess our coaches know what they are doing huh? Congrats Lady Vols!

Reactions: 2 people
Both Reynolds and Russell have improved dramatically since the first of the year. Today, they were absolutely fantastic, and Carter, as RS Freshman, is playing lights out. Her hustle is outstanding. Today, when she made the bad pass, but raced to the other end and made an unbelievable block on the shot without fouling was as good as it gets.

This team is now capable of winning it all. If they can only avoid the slow start of the last two games, they are playing great.

Reactions: 1 person
Both Reynolds and Russell have improved dramatically since the first of the year. Today, they were absolutely fantastic, and Carter, as RS Freshman, is playing lights out. Her hustle is outstanding. Today, when she made the bad pass, but raced to the other end and made an unbelievable block on the shot without fouling was as good as it gets.

This team is now capable of winning it all. If they can only avoid the slow start of the last two games, they are playing great.

Simmons is still too much of a liability. If they could just get her to let the game come too her and stop forcing. Teams like UConn and ND exploit those weaknesses.

We have read boarders complaining about Russell starting early in the season. And she has definitely grown in the ability to compete in this physical league. And the early inability to hit foul shots is in the past.

Russell still gets beat on smaller posts with first quick step (IZZY would eat her lunch) however, with increased strength next year and the coaches having a year to incorporate her strengths offensively and defensively she will have a presence on the floor.

Reynolds is a player and it is easy to see the advantages of big athletic guards. When she develops her left hand - she will be even more of an offensive threat. And next year the LVs will have many skilled guards. good to watch this year and coming years.

I do forget that Carter is a RS Freshmen,she is playing awful good for a freshmen

Everyone picked up when Megan wasn't hitting. Great job, but kinda hard on the heart...com'on girls, help an old fellow out!

If Kentucky doesn't bank in two or three long threes we win tomorrow. I guess they could get lucky and do that again. Hopefully they can't hit anything and we'll win by 30.

It will be interesting to see what kind of defense Mitchell throws at us. I can see him doubling up on Harrison and running some zone at us and daring us to shoot the three. We should drive and dish if he does that. Also, Harrison is quick as a cat so I think she'll be hard to double if she doesn't force it. Also, put her at the high post so it will make it harder to double her.

I'd say Mitchell's game play will be to slap, hold and undercut out players under the basket as usual. Hope there are some good officials working the game tomorrow.

I'd say Mitchell's game play will be to slap, hold and undercut out players under the basket as usual. Hope there are some good officials working the game tomorrow.

They do seem to get away with more than their fair share of fouling. Mitchell starts working the officials right away.

I hope we can stop O'Neil.

Run any defense they want. They can only put 5 players on the court. IMO we are player for player better than UK.

he has done that for years,I have no idea how they get away with it,hopefully there will be a good crew of refs officiating the game,most likely not in the SEC :) all the so called touch fouls just kill me,that is taking it to the extreme to me and then they get away with hammering players under the basket,that is on both sides most of the time

I think he'll goad us into taking the quick three. I hope we don't fall for that trap. But, getting back to the OP I think the best frosh in the country including redshirts (hint, hint) in order:

Davis(GT), DeShields(NC), Coates(SC), Carter, Reynolds, Reimer(ND), Russell, Gray(NC), Harper(KY) or several others

Exactly right,Sly.You also need to add "flop" as they do that a lot to try and influence calls.Another poster asks how they can get away with that style.Well, if you play like that and only about half the fouls are called,your defense is ahead of the other team's offense.Reward then outweighs the negative. And it's Kentucky. Nuff said!!

VN Store

Back