19-0 Run Keys Lady Vols Rally In 77-65 Win

VN News

After trailing by at many as 15 points in the first half, Tennessee made a furious rally, keyed by a 19-0 run, to beat LSU in the SEC Quarterfinals, 77-65.

More...

Reactions: 1 person
What a comeback. Harrison was just amazing....loved seeing all the orange in Ga too. Great win.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfVu5BQUrlk[/youtube]

Reactions: 1 person
It was a battle Reynolds and Carter kept making plays and then getting the ball to Izzy. A great comeback win.

Great win BECAUSE LSU was shooting lights out making difficult shots and we didn't lose our composure.

It was one heck of a grit & grime back & forth type of a game. It was a nail biting game for sure. It was a game going down to the wire for sure. You had to see the game to believe it. When LSU had UT down 27-12 in the first half, I was about to have one of those Red Foxx heart attacks. One of the great comeback Game of the Year for our girls that showed a lot of heart & hustle & Lady Vols pride.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
There is a cardinal rule in basketball, and it is this: you do not dribble the ball in the paint. It is an age-old basketball rule, and for good reason: It tends to be crowded in the paint; you put the ball on the floor and somebody takes it from you. Nevertheless, Harrison manages to dribble and score inside quite a lot, and Graves sometimes too. Harrison will get a pass directly in front of the basket--no more than five/six feet from the hoop. With her size and length, she could EASILY just turn, rise and shoot a little jumper--and that's what she should do. Couldn't be more basic. Instead, she will dribble to the left, around her defender, and score. That's fine--so long as no one else on defense drops down to help the player guarding Harrison. Had LSU doubled her, as they should have, Harrison would have found things a lot more difficult. Graves almost always wants to dribble the ball inside. It's a no-no.

I say this not to take away from the excellent games that Harrison and Graves had. BUT: good, smart teams like Ct. and ND and others would not let Harrison dribble in the paint. They will double her when she gets the ball inside--and they we'd be in trouble. Turnovers would follow. That is why bigs are better off simply turning and shooting when they get the ball inside. Don't make it complicated. Harrison is wonderful but dribbling in the paint leads to turnovers--and will cost us against smarter teams.

Reactions: 2 people
What a comeback. Harrison was just amazing....loved seeing all the orange in Ga too. Great win.

Great come back. Holley got em going. I loved seeing all of the Orange but some of our fans looked like the bar scene from Star Wars actors. They were having fun though. Effort from the team was outstanding.

Great come back. Holley got em going. I loved seeing all of the Orange but some of our fans looked like the bar scene from Star Wars actors. They were having fun though. Effort from the team was outstanding.

First time we have missed the Women's SEC championship in a few years. We were there last year in Duluth Ga. but we decided not to go this year as it is not as fun as Nashville. You can bet we will be in Nashville next year. Love the Nashville scene alot better.

First time we have missed the Women's SEC championship in a few years. We were there last year in Duluth Ga. but we decided not to go this year as it is not as fun as Nashville. You can bet we will be in Nashville next year. Love the Nashville scene alot better.
You will be having fun all by yourself in Nashville next year if you are in Nashville at tourney time. I guess you could watch the games in Little Rock on a big screen in Nashville though. Not as much fun. A lot of fans don't like the Nashville site because the parking is so expensive. 25 dollars a pop vs. free in Duluth. I do agree Nashville is a lot of fun though. I still think they should do one in Florida where is nice and warm.

VN Store

Back