you can listen here

University of Tennessee Official Athletic Site or

WNML The Sports Animal

the game should be streamed here

Watch #4 South Carolina vs. #10 Tennessee Live Online at WatchESPN

the Lady Vols are ranked 10th

South Carolina is ranked 4th

for some reason the USA Coaches Poll isn't working

it is time for the Lady Vols to put up or shut up,this will be a major step into how they will be seeded in the NCAA tournament,i'm not real sure what it will do for the SEC tournament,a win will boost them up as far as a seed for the NCAA,if they lose,it will drastically hurt them or so i think :) this should be a really well played ball game

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
come on Volfan hurry and get the pics up :) there is an impressive record with them lol

FOCUS ....9 assist 22 TOs ....have to be better

Massingal(sp?) Whats up

i think she has had another concussion,supposedly she has had 4 or that was her 4th one when she went out, coach Lockwood said that she was practicing with the team a couple of days ago and said she was light headed after the work out , they did say they were waiting on a doctors release for her to play,so it doesn't look good for her being ready to play any time soon,of course that is just a guess on my part

i think she has had another concussion,supposedly she has had 4 or that was her 4th one when she went out, coach Lockwood said that she was practicing with the team a couple of days ago and said she was light headed after the work out , they did say they were waiting on a doctors release for her to play,so it doesn't look good for her being ready to play any time soon,of course that is just a guess on my part
What I heard was that she had 4 concussions prior to the most recent incident. I don't think you'll see her again this year, not only for health reasons, but with all the time she has missed it would be difficult to get into game shape, and into the flow particularly at this time of year. Would probably be better off without her.

:yahoo::yahoo:well when LV played ND and to qute ESPN (Kayla McBride scored 22 points to lead five players in double figures Monday as the second-ranked Fighting Irish erased an early 12-point deficit in an 86-70 victory over No. 11 Tennessee. Before Monday, Notre Dame (17-0) hadn't trailed by more than seven points all season.)

Was a pretty good lead and realy playing great then like last night, the bottom fell out .seems like it could be a coaching problem. ND the number 2 team and SC a 4 ,,, so by all odds TENN should take SC with a tough rough game.SC not gona go down hard,,HOLLY needs to keep the teem playing BOTH HALFS, so come on someone post that nasty picture and scare the hell out SC:tease2::tease2:

Last edited:
Day: Sunday
Date: Mar. 2, 2014
Time: 2:30 p.m. ET

the game is televised on

ESPNU

you can listen here

University of Tennessee Official Athletic Site or

WNML The Sports Animal

the game should be streamed here

Watch #4 South Carolina vs. #10 Tennessee Live Online at WatchESPN

the Lady Vols are ranked 10th

South Carolina is ranked 4th

for some reason the USA Coaches Poll isn't working

it is time for the Lady Vols to put up or shut up,this will be a major step into how they will be seeded in the NCAA tournament,i'm not real sure what it will do for the SEC tournament,a win will boost them up as far as a seed for the NCAA,if they lose,it will drastically hurt them or so i think :) this should be a really well played ball game

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

1266852_647579005276881_1613373372_o.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Double Whammy need this game could be a huge game as far as seeding in the NCAA. :peace2:

Reactions: 4 people
What I heard was that she had 4 concussions prior to the most recent incident. I don't think you'll see her again this year, not only for health reasons, but with all the time she has missed it would be difficult to get into game shape, and into the flow particularly at this time of year. Would probably be better off without her.

wow so this is probably her 5th concussion that we know of,I would guess you are right about her missing the rest of the year,I do wish her well,her career as a basketball player may be over too,she should look at the long term and then decide if she needs to be playing basketball

Last edited:
Coming off of the SEC regular season title-clinching win over UGA, this game has lost most if not all real impact on any standings for USC. However, it's still a huge game IMO as it's the first TRUE test to prove that - for this season anyways - USC is the King of the SEC by taking down the long-standing king of the hill in the conference on their home court, as well as helping in securing a #1-seed for the NCAAT...

In conference games this season only:

Scoring O:
1. UT
3. USC

Scoring D:
1. USC
4. UT

Scoring Margin:
1. USC
2. UT

FG %:
1. USC
2. UT

FG % D:
1. USC
3. UT

3-pt. FG %:
1. UT
3. USC

3-pt. FG % D:
5. UT
11. USC

Rebounding O:
1. UT
2. USC

Rebounding D:
2. USC
3. UT

Rebounding Margin:
1. USC
2. UT

Blocked Shots:
1. USC
7. UT

Assists:
2. UT
4. USC

Steals:
4. UT
13. USC

Reactions: 1 person
Big match-up points I see will be UT's 3-pt. shooting vs USC's 3-pt. defense, and UT's ability to steal the ball vs USC's ability to protect the ball and minimize turnovers...

As it stands now they would probably be the last #2 seed. They need a big win to at least push for the top half of the #2 seeds so they avoid UCONN or Notre Dame until the Final Four.

Reactions: 2 people
Coming off of the SEC regular season title-clinching win over UGA, this game has lost most if not all real impact on any standings for USC. However, it's still a huge game IMO as it's the first TRUE test to prove that - for this season anyways - USC is the King of the SEC by taking down the long-standing king of the hill in the conference on their home court, as well as helping in securing a #1-seed for the NCAAT...

In conference games this season only:

Scoring O:
1. UT
3. USC
. . .

nice set of stats Lurker. I'd like to see the A/TO ratio. Do you have that?

Reactions: 2 people
This would be Holly's first win over a top 5 team were we to get it.

Everyone has been saying we need to get a win over an elite team and this is our chance.

I do hope that CHW and Meighan Simmons can pull off the win against the Lady Hens

this is there chance to do it Voluble,if Izzy stays out of early foul trouble and plays most of the game on the court and not on the bench,will be key,I hope CHW puts her on the bench if she has a foul in the first couple of minutes,just to let her know this crap has got to stop

I think this game is going to be won in the paint,Russell, Izzy and Graves can be the deciding factor in it,of course some good scoring by the wing players is needed,hopefully Simmons and Carter can deliver some outside scoring

and as our beloved CPS would say,play Defense and rebound,with that evil ass stare of hers

and cut the damn turnovers down by at least half of what they usually do

have i missed anything ? lol

I did leave out Burdick for some reason,hopefully she has a good night and gets her mid range game going

Go Lady Vols :clapping:

When was the last year that the LVs had more than two home losses in the SEC?

As Holly stated in one interview - you can't win if you can't protect your home court.

In the games they've played well they have played good man defense for a big part of the game and moved the ball well through Carter and Reynolds and Simmons has let the game come to her. If Simmons comes out and starts jacking up shots and not passing the ball around, even if she makes them, we are doomed.

Key to winning today face guard Mitchell with Jones entire game. Prevent the entry pass as much as possible and prevent penetration in the paint make them take jump shots.

When was the last year that the LVs had more than two home losses in the SEC?

As Holly stated in one interview - you can't win if you can't protect your home court.

Bad defense both games. We scored enough points to win these games just didn't play defense. We'll see today if the ladies have learned their lesson you must bring defense for forty minutes. Take a lesson from the men they finally did it yesterday.

VN Store

Back