So, If We Missed Massengale

DrDave

When does she come back?

Tell me something besides "when she's ready" please.

Shhhsss: It's a secret. We're not supposed to know that she, or any player, is injured, or the nature of her injury as that sort of knowledge could violate her privacy!

Is your sarcasm directed at Massengale? Because it is her decision. If she doesn't sign the release there is nothing under the Sun that Tennessee can do about it. Now if she did sign the release and Tennessee is still choosing not to disclose then Massengale would be free to disclose herself. We don't really know what is going and it doesn't really matter. Whether the fans know or not doesn't have any relevance as to when she returns.

Reactions: 2 people
"what difference does it make" as Shillary C said?

With or without A Massengale, UT isn't going to beat UConn

everbody might as well quit & go home, it's a Geno world now...

Damn it to heck!

Reactions: 2 people
"what difference does it make" as Shillary C said?

With or without A Massengale, UT isn't going to beat UConn

everbody might as well quit & go home, it's a Geno world now...

Damn it to heck!

lol ya gona start a war:cray:

I believe it was a concussion,the announcer said in the Ky game,that she was having problems with light sensitivity,that was the reason she hasn't been seen on the bench,which i believe can be a part of the troubles with them and i think they said that she has had 4 of them,now as to when those were i don't know

Maybe it is giving her Grand Mal Seizures or Migraines which women are much more prone to (especially after marriage!).

I believe it was a concussion,the announcer said in the Ky game,that she was having problems with light sensitivity,that was the reason she hasn't been seen on the bench,which i believe can be a part of the troubles with them and i think they said that she has had 4 of them,now as to when those were i don't know

Now how is that not a HIPAA violation if the frickin' announcers know all of that personal health info and relay it to the public? Did Ariel authorize that information to be released? We are being told she hasn't done that. They had to get it from someone.

Odd that the announcers told us exactly what we needed to know to diagnose what Ariel is suffering from. They even knew her medical history.

She previously had four concussions. That's a serious thing. Those types of things end careers, so she needs to completely recover before coming back. On the whole, the LVs have been pretty lucky with injuries this year.

Reactions: 3 people
She needs to come back when she's ready, but I think there does reach a point where she's better to just sit out the rest of the year. For example, if we were fortunate to make the SEC tournament finals, I don't think I'd want to bring her back that game and maybe not a semi-finals game either if we made that. If we make it to the elite 8 or farther, I wouldn't bring her back for any of those games either unless it was some unavoidable foul trouble or conditioning issues.

We have to keep in mind she'll likely be rusty a game or two plus the team will be rusty with team chemistry for a game or two, too.

Reactions: 3 people
She needs to come back when she's ready, but I think there does reach a point where she's better to just sit out the rest of the year. For example, if we were fortunate to make the SEC tournament finals, I don't think I'd want to bring her back that game and maybe not a semi-finals game either if we made that. If we make it to the elite 8 or farther, I wouldn't bring her back for any of those games either unless it was some unavoidable foul trouble or conditioning issues.

We have to keep in mind she'll likely be rusty a game or two plus the team will be rusty with team chemistry for a game or two, too.
Not only that, but the team is doing better with Carter running the point. This was a forced coaching move that worked out.

Reactions: 1 person
Now how is that not a HIPAA violation if the frickin' announcers know all of that personal health info and relay it to the public? Did Ariel authorize that information to be released? We are being told she hasn't done that. They had to get it from someone.

Odd that the announcers told us exactly what we needed to know to diagnose what Ariel is suffering from. They even knew her medical history.

no idea,she may have said something to one of the announcers,or her other concussions were before she got to UT,she has been out long enough that one would have to worry about on court chemistry,but if she is able to come back this year

I hope they do it slowly,just letting her play a little each game and increase her time on court according to how well she is playing and how healthy she is

I would think that Carter should be running the point the rest of the year and have Massengale play another position,if she can come back and play

The way she looked last night it may be a while before she comes back. It may not be this season. She really looked out of it just a blank look on her face.

The way they are looking at concussions now it would not surprise me to see her miss the rest of the season. I guess if you have enough of them it could even end your career. That would be a shame given how much she has improved and how hard she has worked. She reshaped her body and really upped her game over the summer and that took a lot of dedication.

How many concussions did they say she has had --- 4? It would be interesting to see what the protocols are now for that sort of thing.

Also, my memory may be faulty, but I thought the info about the bright lights and noise had come from a coach. Maybe someone just assumed that and I read it somewhere.

If she has had four concussions in her career I think that would be it as far as basketball is concerned. That is way to many to play a contact sport any longer. I know Auburn had a player named Toles that had three and was refused the right to play there any longer. She transferred to Florida State for her last year fortunately didn't have any further injuries.

The HIPPA law prevents the university or medical people from releasing any information without her consent (or pharmacist or anyone treating her). If she told an announcer who is a journalist essentially then he is free to tell anyone he wants.

I just know that they said she had 4 Sandvol,that was probably in high school,of course I,m just like the rest of us,guessing at what is going on

I do hope that isn't what has happened,she was slammed to the court ,when it happened,that was a violent hit ,of course it is still nothing other than pure speculation by me

The play that put her out for half the season wasn't even a flagrant foul. She must have took an enormous blow to the face to be out so long and yet Refs didn't see anything still amazes me to this day.

Reactions: 1 person
The play that put her out for half the season wasn't even a flagrant foul. She must have took an enormous blow to the face to be out so long and yet Refs didn't see anything still amazes me to this day.

SEC officiating is just ripe for a parody where there is an MMA fight going on between two players while the officials call touch fouls elsewhere on the court. If they did manage to notice one player had strangled another to death they would call the foul on the dead player.

That is just how they roll. I am sure it is a difficult job. I am also sure you could round up a bunch of people from Wal-mart and get equal results after training them for about three days.

VN Store

Back