SEC Season Title

VollyParton

Blue Hair
Kara Awesome predicts that USC will win the season title, which means she thinks we'll lose some of the rest of our SEC games, probably the one to USC. They are looking pretty ferocious against Arkansas right now. We have more talent than them, or anyone else in the league. Can we get it together and run the table?

South Carolina also lost to North Carolina and TAM: two teams we beat. They also don't really have any impressive wins outside the SEC. Their best win was a 9 digit win at home over KY.

Kara Awesome predicts that USC will win the season title, which means she thinks we'll lose some of the rest of our SEC games, probably the one to USC. They are looking pretty ferocious against Arkansas right now. We have more talent than them, or anyone else in the league. Can we get it together and run the table?

That, unfortunately, is not an adjective that describes some of these Lady Vols. I really wish some had that fire and desire to play hard consistently like others. It's something that can't be coached.

This group does have the talent to win a National Championship, but until all players decide to play hard and smart consistently it won't happen.

If Texas A&M wins over LSU today they have as good a chance as anybody with the best remaining schedule and only 2 conference losses.

TAM's game on the road against Florida and Alabama probably aren't automatic nor will their home game against KY. But, they are in decent position with their close victory over LSU.

We probably have the hardest remaining schedule then sc then a&m so if we do get the regular season title then we should be pretty pumped going into the postseason!

I agree we have the toughest schedule remaining: Vandy, UK, LSU, and South Carolina in particular are some tough games. The only opponent missing from the mix is TAM. I DO think there are some big silver linings though:

- IMO we are the best team and that goes a LONG way :)
- THREE of those 4 particularly tough games are at home
- TWO of those 4 particularly tough games are against teams we LOST to and there should be NO lack of motivation to beat them
- The theoretically TOUGHEST game against South Carolina is last so if we go into it a game behind, tied, or a game ahead, we are in control of our destiny and even more motivated

Reactions: 1 person
We most certainly have the talent to win out. But, as we all know, the question is do the girls and coaching staff have the motivation to win out? I've liked what I've seen from Burdick the last few games...showing more emotion and stepping up when they need it. I just wish that she would show that kind of emotion all game and it was contagious to the other players! GBO! Beat those Dores! :rock:

Yeah, LVs need to take care of business starting w/Vandy Monday night. We don't need to start looking ahead of whose on the schedule. Just play them one at a time and let the chips fall as they may.

Reactions: 1 person
Ya, that could be true. If we let Vandy do what they did to us and worse at home, that'll be pretty disheartening. Hopefully the officiating is somewhat equitable. I know that's asking a lot for a home game :/

Ya, that could be true. If we let Vandy do what they did to us and worse at home, that'll be pretty disheartening. Hopefully the officiating is somewhat equitable. I know that's asking a lot for a home game :/

The officiating was NOT equitable! Still the LVs played through it, 40 minutes, man-to-man defense, freshmen stepping it up

Let's keep the coach and take one game at a time :yes:

it is amazing what officiating has to do with a game,it is so wide spread from one crew to the next,the SEC should be able to do better in all sports

but the Lady Vols did show a flash of what they can do against Vandy, now keep it up Lady Vols

I missed most of the first half. How was the officiating not equitable? Were we getting more calls or was Vandy?

there were a lot of off the ball fouls being called,whether it went one way or the other is debatable,as usual i couldn't say what a foul is or isn't these days,who the hell knows,there watering the game down to supposedly score more points

South Carolina also lost to North Carolina and TAM: two teams we beat. They also don't really have any impressive wins outside the SEC. Their best win was a 9 digit win at home over KY.

Nine digit win? More like a nine point win, huh? SC's non-conference schedule was not impressive.

VN Store

Back