Massengail Injury Status

DrDave

Any details? And how long will she be out? She's been out for two games so it must be something serious?

unfortunately, this weird privacy ethic has taken over at universities, which in some cases is understandable but for the most part is silly and dumb. Somebody sprains a finger or a knee now and the school refuses to say what the injury is, as if it will make a difference if the public knows. Absurd.

unfortunately, this weird privacy ethic has taken over at universities, which in some cases is understandable but for the most part is silly and dumb. Somebody sprains a finger or a knee now and the school refuses to say what the injury is, as if it will make a difference if the public knows. Absurd.

Ambulance chasing lawyers are to blame. All of us including large institutions and companies have to walk on eggshells and sometimes not do the right thing for fear of getting sued. That is a reality in the era we live in.

Reactions: 2 people

If the player does not sign a waiver to allow the school to release the injury, the school cannot release the injury. It's pretty simple.

The team will come out better in the long run learning to play without her. And, it's icing on the cake that, so far, we haven't lost with her out. Hopefully she can come back sooner rather than later. I hope no later than February 10th at home against Vandy.

It is kind of odd. Reynolds and Carter seem to distribute the ball better than Massengale. They are taller and play better defense and seem to get more steals and disrupt defensively more. Massengale is a better offensive contributor than they are. I wish Holly would try starting Massengale at the two and have Simmons behind her and also play the three some. It seems like Simmons is also playing within the offense better lately. I don't know if it is because Reynolds and Carter are better distributors or Holly had a heart to heart with her.

Reactions: 1 person
It is kind of odd. Reynolds and Carter seem to distribute the ball better than Massengale. They are taller and play better defense and seem to get more steals and disrupt defensively more. Massengale is a better offensive contributor than they are. I wish Holly would try starting Massengale at the two and have Simmons behind her and also play the three some. It seems like Simmons is also playing within the offense better lately. I don't know if it is because Reynolds and Carter are better distributors or Holly had a heart to heart with her.

It's because they read this message board & the coaches take into consideration some of the fans knowledge of ideas from observation of the games being played. They wouldn't admit to such things as that but nothing surprises me in this day & age. I've noticed that even during the football season some fans will make suggestions about the play that goes on & then I've noticed over a couple of weeks that somethings on the field have changed along the lines of what was said on this message board. I know that the recruits read this message board to see what's said. I know people will scoff at this notion of what I've said but don't fool yourself into thinking that the coaches don't know this message board doesn't exist to them & that they don't look to see what's said.

damn right W.TN.Orange Blood :D just ask us,we know what to do :pepper::salute::eek:k::loco:

Last edited:
damn right W.TN.Orange Blood :D just ask ask us,we know what to do :pepper::salute::eek:k::loco:

There's only 30,000 coaches on this website sitting at home watching that know a lot more than the real coaches (sarcasm) & can give a lot of ideas that may solve some problems that they haven't even thought about. You feel me?

It's because they read this message board & the coaches take into consideration some of the fans knowledge of ideas from observation of the games being played. They wouldn't admit to such things as that but nothing surprises me in this day & age. I've noticed that even during the football season some fans will make suggestions about the play that goes on & then I've noticed over a couple of weeks that somethings on the field have changed along the lines of what was said on this message board. I know that the recruits read this message board to see what's said. I know people will scoff at this notion of what I've said but don't fool yourself into thinking that the coaches don't know this message board doesn't exist to them & that they don't look to see what's said.
Hi Butch...how's it going!!!

There's only 30,000 coaches on this website sitting at home watching that know a lot more than the real coaches (sarcasm) & can give a lot of ideas that may solve some problems that they haven't even thought about. You feel me?

noooooo,I ain't going to feel you :crazy:

well that is what being a fan is about,sitting in front of the TV screaming what they need to be doing :loco:

probably no information here,but anybody with a subscription,please read it and let us know what they said

Ariel Massengale misses practice on Tuesday » GoVolsXtra

all i could find was this after a quick Google search

"Warlick said MassengaleÂ’s status remains day to day. "

The Paris Post-Intelligencer > Sports > State > Lady Vols claim third straight win

I suppose & I'm just having a wild guess here that Holly will tell us something whenever there's some information from a doctor or whomever's in charge releasing that information to us about Ariel Massengale.

Having had the opportunity to discuss this topic with several high level coaches, I can tell you that although they know the boards exist, they do not read them. The closest they get to the boards is occasionally, a staff member or fan will tell the coach about something written on the board, usually something amusing or outrageous. For instance, someone might tell the coach that people on the board think he/she reads the board.

In general, coaches think BB participants are a bunch of idiots. It's presumptuous to think that a professional coach would be able to pick up anything from these boards.

If the coaches don't read this message board or the other ones that are out there they are the ones missing out. There's a lot of people that write good opinions on sports that can help solve problems that some coaches can't see or even know about. Like I said, they want admit to it. But I wonder, at times, like when they're at home & alone in their study or in the bed to call it a day if they don't just take a peek for their enjoyment. But whatever makes them feel all uppity & gets them through the night I really don't care one way or another. I was just throwing this out there for discussion which I think is interesting.

Last edited:
I suppose & I'm just having a wild guess here that Holly will tell us something whenever there's some information from a doctor or whomever's in charge releasing that information to us about Ariel Massengale.

i'm sure that the coaches know exactly what is wrong and how long it is going to take for her to get over it

most likely,but they are keeping a lid on on the injury for any number of reasons,such as Massengale doesn't want it out there,the coaches don't want it out or a combination of the 2,I'm just nosy and want to know :)

I also doubt that the coaches look at message boards,they should be good enough not to be looking at them

i'm sure that the coaches know exactly what is wrong and how long it is going to take for her to get over it

most likely,but they are keeping a lid on on the injury for any number of reasons,such as Massengale doesn't want it out there,the coaches don't want it out or a combination of the 2,I'm just nosy and want to know :)

Yeah, we're all nosy to an extent. We do care about our players & their health. I just don't understand the big deal not to release info about a player that's been hurt. Unless that player doesn't want the info to be released. The coach could at least say so instead of "day to day".

Reactions: 1 person
If the coaches don't read these message boards or the other ones that are out there they are the ones missing out. Like I said, they want admit to it. But I wonder, at times, like when they're at home & alone in their study or in the bed to call it a day if they don't just take a peek for their enjoyment. But whatever makes them feel all uppity & gets them through the night I really don't care one way or another. I was just throwing this out there for discussion which I think is interesting.
We have little conception of what the life of a coach is like. What we see is just a small part of their duties. Even if they wanted to read the BBs, they don't have the time. They must deal with the administration, recruiting, dealing with 18 yr olds, academics, other obligations like personal appearances, schmoozing donors, tremendous travel requirements, being away from home.

They will spend time watching high school coaches during recruiting trips, but bulletin board ramblings - no way. (Maybe a coach will write in and refute this:) )

We have little conception of what the life of a coach is like. What we see is just a small part of their duties. Even if they wanted to read the BBs, they don't have the time. They must deal with the administration, recruiting, dealing with 18 yr olds, academics, other obligations like personal appearances, schmoozing donors, tremendous travel requirements, being away from home.

They will spend time watching high school coaches during recruiting trips, but bulletin board ramblings - no way. (Maybe a coach will write in and refute this:) )

I guess that's why they're paid the big bucks.

can you imagine the headaches trying to keep up with a pile of 18 years old would be like ? lol one is a handfull

That's why the coaches have a laundry list of rules in place to follow. And some that don't follow those rules laid down by the coach will be kicked off the team when some have even been put on probation. Got to put the fear of god into some of these student athletes.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back