Saragin Ratings.

they have the Lady Vols with the number one strength of schedule,if i read that right,i assume that is so far this year ? and Aurienemas team as the 30th

Interesting stat that jumps out to me that I think goes unnoticed is related to the overall overarching difficulty of schedule. If you look at the number of Top 50 teams played, Lady Vols have played the most to date. I'd expect that to stay true if it was expanded to top 100:

Rank ---> Overall ---> Team ---> Top50W ---> Top50L ---> Top50Total
1 ---> 6 ---> Tennessee ---> 8 ---> 4 ---> 12
2 ---> 58 ---> Ohio St. ---> 3 ---> 8 ---> 11
3 ---> 3 ---> Duke ---> 9 ---> 1 ---> 10
3 ---> 17 ---> Syracuse ---> 5 ---> 5 ---> 10
3 ---> 43 ---> Virginia ---> 3 ---> 7 ---> 10
3 ---> 99 ---> Illinois ---> 1 ---> 9 ---> 10
7 ---> 4 ---> Stanford ---> 8 ---> 1 ---> 9
7 ---> 24 ---> Michigan St. ---> 5 ---> 4 ---> 9
7 ---> 69 ---> Kansas ---> 1 ---> 8 ---> 9
7 ---> 95 ---> Kansas St. ---> 2 ---> 7 ---> 9
11 ---> 1 ---> Connecticut ---> 8 ---> 0 ---> 8
11 ---> 2 ---> Notre Dame ---> 8 ---> 0 ---> 8
11 ---> 10 ---> North Carolina ---> 5 ---> 3 ---> 8
11 ---> 12 ---> Oklahoma St. ---> 6 ---> 2 ---> 8
11 ---> 15 ---> Texas ---> 3 ---> 5 ---> 8
11 ---> 16 ---> Penn St. ---> 5 ---> 3 ---> 8
11 ---> 18 ---> LSU ---> 4 ---> 4 ---> 8
11 ---> 20 ---> Texas A&M ---> 4 ---> 4 ---> 8
11 ---> 21 ---> Oklahoma ---> 3 ---> 5 ---> 8
11 ---> 23 ---> Vanderbilt ---> 5 ---> 3 ---> 8
11 ---> 33 ---> Iowa ---> 4 ---> 4 ---> 8
11 ---> 45 ---> Southern Cal ---> 3 ---> 5 ---> 8
11 ---> 53 ---> Florida ---> 4 ---> 4 ---> 8
11 ---> 71 ---> Northwestern ---> 3 ---> 5 ---> 8
11 ---> 81 ---> Washington St. ---> 3 ---> 5 ---> 8
11 ---> 109 ---> Alabama ---> 2 ---> 6 ---> 8
11 ---> 112 ---> Pittsburgh ---> 1 ---> 7 ---> 8
11 ---> 147 ---> Clemson ---> 1 ---> 7 ---> 8
11 ---> 156 ---> Texas Tech ---> 0 ---> 8 ---> 8

29 teams listed.

The importance of that stat is twofold. It should give us an edge come March playing the tougher schedule against tougher competition. The obvious drawback is that it's tougher to stay undefeated and the inevitable backlash if we ever take a step back and lose before we take two steps forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I'm glad this was brought to everyone's attention. SO many of other team's supporters keep criticizing the LV's strength of schedule this year, especially thru some of the early games because some teams weren't ranked. I saw many "cupcake schedule," "high school teams," etc. and it frustrated me! Glad it's recognized that we've played some competition.

Reactions: 1 person
I think we lost our chance for a number one seed with the Notre Dame loss. We could still get there would have to win out all the way to the NCAA Tourney. If we did that could still pass either Notre Dame or Duke for a one seed. They have to play each other twice someone has to lose. You would hope the same team loses both and a couple other ones in ACC play.

yea i don't have much hope for a 1 seed either,hopefully they keep playing well and end up getting a decent seed,do you think a 2 seed is out of reach ?

yea i don't have much hope for a 1 seed either,hopefully they keep playing well and end up getting a decent seed,do you think a 2 seed is out of reach ?

I think we can get a two seed no problem unless we collapse. I don't think being a two or three really matters. You like to get that one because that usually means all the team in your bracket you are able to beat if you play well. The number ones seem to be UConn, Stanford, Notre Dame, and Duke right now. We have lost to two of them. I honestly believe we can handle Duke would like to get in their bracket.

well it will be a different team come March,of course the NCAA will probably try and get the Lady Vols in the same region as UConn if they can,since they don't play each other in the regular season any more

Need to know what the different stats mean for each of the rating systems in order to use/understand them properly.

I like Massey because they are pretty good at predicting who will win between two teams. Just click on the blue MATCHUP heading and select your teams. Things keep changing as the year goes on.

Massey Ratings - CBW

Last edited:
thanks for the link Convoluted I hope they are right,the odds do drop a lot for the last 2 games of the year :)

VN Store

Back