UT Softball ranked number one in Pre-Season Poll

No use in talking about basketball.:) Only pain, misery, and agony this season.:hi:

Ouch. Now we're two levels deep and a few months later in dealing with FDS. Football Disappointment Syndrome that is. This can't be good. Were getting close to tennis and diving here!

For Vol fans, there's no crying in softball - unlike football, basketball, et. al.

Softball? You talking about softball?

1254335009_softball-headshot.gif

That one didn't look very soft :eek:lol: :rofl:

Last edited:
The NFCA must have a lot of faith in UT's incoming freshmen. I'd have expected OU to be a near-unanimous #1.

lady vols #1 preseason softball, should be #1 pre season most attractive women's team in all sports also.

Reactions: 3 people
OU has 17 1st place votes, and UT has 7. Why isn't OU #1?

Those who didn't vote OU #1 must have had them several spots below UT on their ballots.

TBH, I'd have voted for OU too. They lost both pitchers but the vast majority of their offense is back. I expect them to lead the nation in scoring.

Those who didn't vote OU #1 must have had them several spots below UT on their ballots.

TBH, I'd have voted for OU too. They lost both pitchers but the vast majority of their offense is back. I expect them to lead the nation in scoring.

Wasn't that pitcher they had like 90% of the team? I forget his name.:)

Pitching is so huge in softball. We have to hope Gabriel is ready to have a great season. Every team needs two solid pitchers to have a great season.

Reactions: 1 person
Pitching is so huge in softball. We have to hope Gabriel is ready to have a great season. Every team needs two solid pitchers to have a great season.

True - and I still havent seen anything on how she is doing - maybe Deerpark can chime in and ease our worry.

UT is too high 4th or 5th is more like it. Oklahoma lost Ricketts and they will drop some but are still the class of the Big 12. Florida is probably the best in the SEC East

I m sorry but I don't know that they should be in the top 10. Especially with Lewis gone there isn't much proven offense. Best pitcher in the nation is big, but come on.

They're not ranking us that high just because of our returning players who are very good but on those three freshmen from California who are phenomenal.

I m sorry but I don't know that they should be in the top 10. Especially with Lewis gone there isn't much proven offense. Best pitcher in the nation is big, but come on.

Lewis provided no where near the offense your trying to imply.
The loss of Brown and especially Raven, Lauren will be felt more.
This is about the Freshmen and the JUCO who are coming in.
Everyone in the Nation lost 2 to 4 key payers and UT is definitely a Top 10 team

Preseason #1 ranking has nothing to do with the incoming Freshman and the JUCO tranfer ... who havent played an inning of D1 ball... more on the quality of team returning off of last year's finish... Oklahoma was the best team in the country last year... run ruled 6 of 8 teams in last year's NCAA playoff before playing the Lady Vols in the Championship series.... and how many innings did it take them to score?

Lady Vols have the best pitcher in the country with Ellen Renfroe on the mound and with her pitching... she will keep the team in every ball game. The key will be the success of the other pitchers to be able to pitch reliably for enough innings/games so that Ellen will not have to pitch... every pitch of every game.

This will be become increasingly important when the team reaches the post season... Regionals, Supers & the WCWS. The more rested and healthy Ellen feels entering the post season, the better are the Lady Vols chances at making another run at the WCWS and make the finals.

Yes the team lost Raven, Lauren, Dotson, Brown, Ivy & Hammond. Raven and Lauren will be hard to replace and Ivy's leadership and experience on the mound will be sorely missed.... but in addition to the Ellen and Madison.... look for a HUGE year from Davin now that she is finally physically healthy ... and I expect big things from Tarango, Gaffin, Overstreet, Akamine.... Look for big contributions from freshmans Geer, Koenig, Aldrete.... and others will make valuable contributions!

Go Lady Vols!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back