back the truck up to Muffet McGraw

Darth_Vol

Best coach in the game after Geno, and the only coach who consistently beats him. If she was coaching here, the Lady Vols would be undefeated.

Warlick is useless, no LV team has ever underachieved this badly.

Reactions: 12 people
Best coach in the game after Geno, and the only coach who consistently beats him. If she was coaching here, the Lady Vols would be undefeated.

And tell us how you really feel about Cuonzo :dunno:

She has no reason to leave ND. Anything she could accomplish in Knoxville, she can do in South Bend.

Reactions: 3 people
She has no reason to leave ND. Anything she could accomplish in Knoxville, she can do in South Bend.

McGraw gets HS All-Americans every now and then, but she doesn't rake them in like she would be able to here. Imagine what she could do if she actually had Tennessee's talent.

Warlick is going nowhere, at least for now. On the other hand, if the team's recruiting begins falling off and we fall further down in conference standings, then there may be a change then.

Reactions: 1 person
We could easily get Muffet for maybe $2 million, and be worth every penny. You get what you pay for. I wonder if there's any way Jeff Van Gundy would be interested in coaching the women's game?

You won't get Mcgraw, Staley, yes maybe...Right now we are stuck with Holly though, at least for the next several years, unless something drastic happens

Only if she changes her first name.

If UT goes after anybody I think it would have to be Kim Mulky. She can recruit, she can coach and is entertaining to watch coach too. With that said let Holley coach and understand that everything she does is being compared to the greatest basketball coach of all time. I could not imagine how much pressure she feels to have to be as good as Pat.

Reactions: 1 person
I'd much rather have McGraw than Caldwell. Mind you, Caldwell is better than Warlick, but McGraw is better than Caldwell. McGraw absolutely SCHOOLS us every year with lower-ranked recruits. Warlick and her staff should find disguises and go to McGraw coaching clinics. I don't know what ND is paying her, but if it's not a lot I'd offer her a lot. She's had it going at ND for a few years now, so our chances of getting her would be very slim.

I knew when the first half ended we were probably in trouble. We actually played one of the best--and smartest--first halves of basketball we've played in a LONG time, and yet were only ahead by 5. UT cannot sustain good, smart play; the fact that we had it for the first 16 minutes of the game was much longer than we usually sustain good play against a good opponent. The odds were high that we were going to falter--and it was worse than that. We fell apart. ND ratched up their man defense and we could not handle it: did not get the ball to our bigs, missed shots lots of turnovers, terrible defense, the usual.

ND steals--13. UT steals--4
ND assists to turnovers: 23/23. UT: 15/18.

Simmons shots well but had 7 turnovers. Massengale's didn't make a basket in the second half, I don't think--her shooting fell apart. It may be that she needs more than a 3 minute rest. Russell played a large part of the second half and worked hard to get position in the low post and no one would throw her the ball when she needed to get it. Our half court offense, predictably, fell apart--and then when things started going bad we panicked. Poor Holly.

VN Store

Back