Rate Tennessee Players First to last Offense and Defense.

Volfan2012

Here are my ratings:

1-Izzy Harrison- She can score and plays great defense. Problem is she gets in foul trouble and is very emotional. Needs to stay on the floor 30 minutes a game.
2-Ariel Massengale- Has made great strides this season. She still needs to get tougher make players accountable be the leader on the floor.
3-Bashaara Graves- She can score inside and has a great 10 to 15 foot jumper. Has not been getting the shot attempts in the last five games and is one reason Tennessee has started losing. She needs the ball a lot more than 3 and 5 shots in the last couple games.
4-Andrea Carter- She is the best defensive guard we have and she can score based on her 45 percent shooting from the three point line. She should be in the starting lineup JMO.
5-Mercedes Russell- She is shooting 69 percent from the field and averaging 7.5 points and 5.3 rebounds per game in 19 minutes hike up those minutes and she has a double double going. She is decent on defense free throws have been a problem this year.
6-Jasmine Jones- She is a great defender against players her size not so much against smaller players which is understandable. She could score a lot more if she would take the ball inside more isn't even close to how good she could be.
7-Meghan Simmons- Leading the team in turnovers and having a horrible offensive year shooting the ball. Has shot 198 times should have about half that many. Defense is fair never gonna be a great defensive player. Has never developed a game of taking the ball to the basket which with her speed is very surprising.
8-Cierra Burdick-Having a horrible year on offense. Shots just not falling low percentage in the 30's. She can rebound but her passing is a turnover waiting to happen.
9-Nia Moore- Not enough information she may be better than some of the players above hasn't had the playing time but when she comes in has been fantastic on the boards and also had a great field goal and free throw percentage.
10-Jordan Reynolds- I like her as a two guard Holly plays her at the point don't think she has the speed or passing ability to play there. Has an excellent three point shot 40 percent has only put up 20 from that distance.

Reactions: 1 person
1 Nia: good classic post moves, gets the ball out & moving on D rebounds, runs.

2 Meghan: hustles, gets burned on D too much

3 izzy: Good D except when she plays Stanford.... :(

needs to value FT's

4 Russell: 6' 6", needs to play harder, use her legs

5 graves: limited on O, too short to play center but can't play wing, tough

6 massengale: overrated, doesn't play hard on D

7 carter: fast, good D, needs to play point guard only(imho)

8 Reynolds: just needs playing time, plays better with Simmons & Russell than with Massengale.... why is that?

9 jj: aka turnover / charge queen

10 burdick never going to improve on O, slow footed. could be good if only she could shoot the damn ball.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Carter is showing how good she can be,some more experience will definitely help her,she is going to be one to watch for sure

Jones showed some sparks of being a good offensive player against Vandy,i think it is a lack of confidence on her part

Russell needs some time in the weight room to improve her strength and work on that damn piss poor FT shooting,she will be a good one

Izzy is arguablely the best player on the team right now

Massenagle is starting to look a lot better this year and she lays an egg during the Vandy game,i do wish as the PG she would make more and better passes to the bigs

Moore,no idea why she hasn't been getting some playing time

Burdick,she shows some flashes of the player that she should be,but has been very inconsistent this year

Graves has been playing good,but it seems i have expected more form her this year,it seems like something is off in her game and i don't know what it is

Simmons needs to drive to the hoop more often instead of jacking up 3s and take some better 3 pt shots,but she does have the ability to take over a game offensively and hasn't shown it this year

Reynolds needs more playing time.for some reason I haven't payed much attention to her play this year

I do think that the Lady Vols need to carry a few more players for some depth from the bench,carry a few more to be able to give the starters some relief on the playing time,last year was an example of them running out of gas when they got to the tournament,with more rest they played good,when the next game would come up ,was it 2 days ?they didn't play very good at all,knock on wood,but a couple of injuries would be devastating for the Lady Vols,just from a numbers stand piont

Last edited:
1 Nia: good classic post moves, gets the ball out & moving on D rebounds, runs.

2 Meghan: hustles, gets burned on D too much

3 izzy: Good D except when she plays Stanford.... :(

needs to value FT's

4 Russell: 6' 6", needs to play harder, use her legs

5 graves: limited on O, too short to play center but can't play wing, tough

6 massengale: overrated, doesn't play hard on D

7 carter: fast, good D, needs to play point guard only(imho)

8 Reynolds: just needs playing time, plays better with Simmons & Russell than with Massengale.... why is that?

9 jj: aka turnover / charge queen

10 burdick never going to improve on O, slow footed. could be good if only she could shoot the damn ball.

We all wonder why Nia can't get a shot in the big games.:)

Izzy
Massengale
Carter
Graves
Russsell
Jones
Simmons
Burdick
Reynolds
Moore < just from a lack of playing time,is she last on my list

Izzy
Graves
Carter
Massengale
Simmons
Jones
Russell
Moore
Burdick
Reynolds
Posted via VolNation Mobile

why did they drop the Station off of Gray Station zaqhhh ? did they get tiered of writing station ? :) yes,i know it is off topic

Not sure haha I've only been here since 2002 the road old gray station is still big but the actual town itself has been gray since I've been here I believe

I thought it was weird that they would drop half of there name,i use to live close to Gray,in Colonial Heights

My guess is as the town grew it became less relevant you still hear it often because a good part of the town is intersected by the road. Seems to be coming along fast with the fossil site more homes being built and a lot more fast food than 10 years ago.

VN Store

Back