#8 Lady Vols Fall At Vandy, 74-63

This has been going on for several games. Today they played a disciplined team that has some talent and can shoot.

The LV's are undisciplined at times as a unit. With Simmons in the game they are undisciplined a lot. I do not like the team chemistry right now at all.

Reactions: 5 people
Perfect picture of the UT Basketball program. Who the heck is running this show! Here of late, it looks like a Chinese Fire Drill the way the players are playing and the coaches are coaching. Players looked terrible today, Ariel simply vanished into thin air. Holly, sigh, is going to have it rough from here on out if she doesn't start coaching and stop the hissy fits she's having from the coaching box. These players are going to need all the stability they can get from this coaching staff.
images

Reactions: 1 person
Discipline is needed! It's what Pat did to her teams!
If they aren't disciplined, then they won't make sweet 16! This team is a possible Final 4 if they put their mind to it. Time to sit down and discuss where they want to be in late March. No questions about it! Enough said.

Reactions: 2 people
SMH. It's a sad sad time when you lose to unranked Vandy. It's down right embarrassing to where your ears are turning red. I hope Holly can turn these girls around to playing like old times of winning in dominate fashion. Only time will tell.

Extremely disappointed. The small improvements that they seemed to have made in the Ole Miss game (less TOs, more assists, less horrible throws to posts, etc) certainly did not carry over to this game. And Holly's post-game remarks were not what I wanted to hear. Who knows where to go from here? I'm not sure Holly does either. However, we can't blame it all on the coaching. At some point the competitive drive of these girls have to kick in where they say I absolutely will not let us lose. I don't think that ran thru ANY of the girls' minds today...and that is truly disappointing.

Reactions: 3 people
How does Harrison, our best player, foul out in only TEN minutes of playing time??? That is unheard of! 5 fouls in 10 minutes--that's bizarre. Either she played dumb or the officials were terrible...Massengale couldn't score, Russell couldn't pick up the slack inside--and Vandy shot 12 more free throws we did, which was the difference in the game. Fouls determined the outcome of this game. Uggh...

Reactions: 4 people
Extremely disappointed. The small improvements that they seemed to have made in the Ole Miss game (less TOs, more assists, less horrible throws to posts, etc) certainly did not carry over to this game. And Holly's post-game remarks were not what I wanted to hear. Who knows where to go from here? I'm not sure Holly does either. However, we can't blame it all on the coaching. At some point the competitive drive of these girls have to kick in where they say I absolutely will not let us lose. I don't think that ran thru ANY of the girls' minds today...and that is truly disappointing.

Damn right. These LVs need to have a players only team meeting after this game and pledge not to lose from here on out. Whatever it takes. No matter how hard. From now on out we will win them all or at least the games that we are suppose to win.

Armchair,in answer to your question,Harrison did play dumb and the officiating was terrible.By now,our LV's should be used to the fact that they will get calls against them just because of who they are.This has been going on for several years now(at least since the clock episode against Rutgers that ESPN played to the hilt).Good teams overcome these things,but I'm sure it grates on our girls to see 50/50 calls go against them so often.It happens so much that it has become commonplace.Today was no exception.Lady Vols must accept this and play a tougher brand of basketball.It was hard to watch today.

Reactions: 3 people
Maybe it's not Holly's fault or the players fault. Maybe they're just not as good as the players they're playing against. Other teams are getting better players than they use to. What happened in the past has no bearing on what happens now. Nothing lasts forever. One solution is to become a fan of a team with more promise. You'll be much happier instantly!

Maybe it's not Holly's fault or the players fault. Maybe they're just not as good as the players they're playing against. Other teams are getting better players than they use to. What happened in the past has no bearing on what happens now. Nothing lasts forever. One solution is to become a fan of a team with more promise. You'll be much happier instantly!
Delusion is a form of happiness, not really into it however!:crazy:

Perfect picture of the UT Basketball program. Who the heck is running this show! Here of late, it looks like a Chinese Fire Drill the way the players are playing and the coaches are coaching. Players looked terrible today, Ariel simply vanished into thin air. Holly, sigh, is going to have it rough from here on out if she doesn't start coaching and stop the hissy fits she's having from the coaching box. These players are going to need all the stability they can get from this coaching staff.
images

Maybe she is just heading to the refreshment stand since she can't coach, have you seen that wide load she is carrying. She should stop eating and start coaching before we decay for years.

VN Store

Back