Congrats Girls! Great win over UGA on their court.

Did y'all actually watch the game? The LV's totally quit with 8 minutes to go and gave up 21 unanswered points. They nearly blew a 30 point lead by not giving a shat and losing focus. The final margin came from FT's in the final minute when UGA had to foul. They are doing the same stuff they do all the time and in the last years of Pat's time, which against the really good teams gets you beat.

Reactions: 4 people
You ever played in a game where you led for 30 points for half the game? It's easy to lose focus and Georgia started throwing in prayers from 3 point line----yes they lost focus but to say they did not give a "shat" is taking it a little far. Proud of the girls today - thought they came out with fire and intensity and played a whale of a game.

Reactions: 2 people
You ever played in a game where you led for 30 points for half the game? It's easy to lose focus and Georgia started throwing in prayers from 3 point line----yes they lost focus but to say they did not give a "shat" is taking it a little far. Proud of the girls today - thought they came out with fire and intensity and played a whale of a game.

Two things I noticed tonight: When the LV's were fully in control, the call was to slow the game down. Georgia wasn't shooting that great, so why not. Unfortunately, almost as soon as we slowed it down, they started lighting up the basket. We did stay in the slowdown mode too long and I think it got the team out of sync. Thankfully, they recovered in time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Did y'all actually watch the game? The LV's totally quit with 8 minutes to go and gave up 21 unanswered points. They nearly blew a 30 point lead by not giving a shat and losing focus. The final margin came from FT's in the final minute when UGA had to foul. They are doing the same stuff they do all the time and in the last years of Pat's time, which against the really good teams gets you beat.

Thought Georgia was a pretty team????:)

It was a win, but not a game to be happy about or proud of. A couple missed foul shots down the stretch and the game could easily have been lost.

Yeah we have to learn to crush teams when we are up big. Not just crush Divison II teams. We need that fire! I got faith in my girls though

They didn't quit, they slowed down the tempo intentionally. It's what you do when you're up 30 with under 10 to go. Then they started missing shots after running down the shot clock while Georgia hit everything. Eventually, UT got it back together and sealed the deal.

Reactions: 4 people
Good teams don't modify the quality of their play based on the score. The only conclusion that can be drawn is that Georgia and Tennessee are at about the same skill level. I too think they cared, but what I draw from that is the team is just not very good if they were doing their best like you implied.

The game was won because the LVs shot a lot more FTs than Georgia who was forced to foul when time was running out. Twenty turnovers and only 9 assists for the LVs is putrid. So, in summary, in the first half, the LVs played a whale of a game, and in the second half they played a beached whale of a game. :)

Holley pulled the plug in her bathtub and it started to drain. The amount of water in the bathtub as it drains is represented by the equation​
L = −5t^2 – 8t + 120, where L represents the number of liters of water in the bathtub and t represents the amount of time, in minutes, since
the plug was pulled.

How many liters of water were in the bathtub when Holley pulled the plug? Show your reasoning.

Determine, to the
nearest tenth of a minute, the amount of time it takes for all the water in the bathtub to drain.
I don't know how much water was left in the tub, but Holly almost made a big mistake taking the air out of the ball as early as she did...This is not good basketball!

Reactions: 1 person
Vols won because they played pretty strong defense--seemed to work hard--and had an unbelievable night at the free-throw line--33 attempts (huge number) and made 30--amazing. I can't imagine another night when UT gets that many FT's or makes such a high percentage. Great to see but I doubt it happens again.

It was a must win and looks like we need the rest of the home games and no more than two road losses to be a factor for the SEC title. I think 13 and 3 will put you right in the mix this season as some teams are better. Last year 14 and 2 won it I think one more loss will win it this year. For this team the SEC title is huge because the way they are playing now elite 8 will be tough to manage their basketball IQ is just not where it needs to be.

VN Store

Back