Jannah Tucker Joining Lady Vols After Winter Break

Decker Moss

According to Dan Fleser: "Coach Holly Warlick said that freshman guard Jannah Tucker, who will be enrolling for the spring semester, is expected to join the team when it reconvenes after Christmas break."

Does this mean practicing or actually playing?

Reactions: 4 people
If it's anything like Stokes's situation when he joined, I would expect that she joins in the Spring semester and is eligible for immediate play. But, I don't know what the other circumstances surrounding her highschool career are, so I may be wrong.

Reactions: 1 person
So happy to have Ms Tucker with the Vols. Time to get back to normalcy. I'm not expecting a lot of contribution this season while she gets back into her game. But next year look out!!!!!

since we talking lv basketball does anyone know if someone ever tried to hire warlick before pat made them give her the job

The information given was that she would join practice but would not play any this season. I'm very glad to have a player of her talent on board being at practice the half season will really help her next season.

Re Holly - she was offered the Clemson job a few years back and turned it down. She had interviewed at Nebraska before that, but I can't remember if she was offered.

since we talking lv basketball does anyone know if someone ever tried to hire warlick before pat made them give her the job

holly warlick is a fine person and a fine coach who will win a national championship at tennessee..why attack her like you did??

Reactions: 7 people
They are probably going to be cautious with Tucker and let the doctors and trainers evaluate her. They want to make sure her leg is good to go and it might take a year to get her back into playing shape.

P.S.-Also, I think Tucker is the real deal.

Last edited:
Great addition!! Would be wise to redshirt, let her learn the system, and get used to campus life.

I'm really looking forward to Jannah playing some ball for the Lady Vols,like others have said I believe she won't play till next fall,i assume since she won't play this season,that it won't count against her eligibility to play 4 years ?

Vols: Jannah Tucker to enroll at Tennessee in January - WKRN, Nashville News, Nashville Weather and Sports

"The university said in a release Thursday that Tucker, a 6-foot guard from Randallstown, Md., will practice with the Lady Vols after arriving on campus, though she isn't expected to play this season."

Last edited:
Tucker will have four to play four. Meaning that her playing time isn't reduced by her entry in January, but her NCAA "clock" starts. Under NCAA rules a player has five years to complete their four years of eligibility. So essentially, this counts as a redshirt year.

Jim

Tucker will have four to play four. Meaning that her playing time isn't reduced by her entry in January, but her NCAA "clock" starts. Under NCAA rules a player has five years to complete their four years of eligibility. So essentially, this counts as a redshirt year.

Jim

It would be hard to imagine her not getting a hardship allowance if she needs one due to injury down the road. I wonder if they have gone ahead and put in for one just as a proactive measure so she will have five to play four like everyone else?

thanks Cannon and that is a good question Voluble,I would think a medical redshirt would be in order if she gets injured, of course that is dependent on how many games she has played in,right ?

thanks Cannon and that is a good question Voluble,I would think a medical redshirt would be in order if she gets injured, of course that is dependent on how many games she has played in,right ?

It's just a redshirt year this year. You can't apply for a medical hardship for a future injury until that injury occurs and costs a second year.

Does someone know what kind of style does she play? or like what player would she be kind of compared to?
just trying to get an idea of the young lady.

Does someone know what kind of style does she play? or like what player would she be kind of compared to?
just trying to get an idea of the young lady.

Here is some video of her.Jannah Tucker GBB Guard Class of 2013 - YouTube

I know she has an excellent outside shot and plays very good on the ball defense. I don't know how much she has been set back by the ACL injury but I expect with practicing with the team the rest of this season and then working during the summer she will be ready to go and be a big contributor next year.

VN Store

Back