Game Thread Lady Vols vs Tennessee State

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
This is a big game for us. We need to work on correcting some of the problems and play a solid floor game. Next is Stanford and if we commit over 20 turnovers out there we'll lose by double digits. Shot selection, taking care of the basketball, and making effective passes is the goals for this game. Rebounding is one thing were doing with excellence.

ball control will be a major factor for the rest of the year,unless they can get a handle on the ball and stop all the unforced turn overs,if they would just pay attention before they launch a pass,that would vastly improve the turn over margin

Reactions: 1 person
ball control will be a major factor for the rest of the year,unless they can get a handle on the ball and stop all the unforced turn overs,if they would just pay attention before they launch a pass,that would vastly improve the turn over margin

Yes they seem to do great in school so you would think they all could develop a high basketball IQ. It has to happen if they want to get to Nashville.

i just hope they don't look past this game,I've noticed a lot of Stanford talk in there interviews,they will win this game easily or should,but I'd rather there be more of a focus on this game,especially ball control and getting off to a fast start,instead of messing around till the 2nd half,of course if your going to have one half of a good game,i guess it is better to do it in the 2nd half

Reactions: 2 people
i just hope they don't look past this game,I've noticed a lot of Stanford talk in there interviews,they will win this game easily or should,but I'd rather there be more of a focus on this game,especially ball control and getting off to a fast start,instead of messing around till the 2nd half,of course if your going to have one half of a good game,i guess it is better to do it in the 2nd half

You happen to know what station in Tennessee is carrying that game with Stanford. Or what station is carrying it in any state?

all i have been able to find is it is on the PAC 12 network and i can't find a stream for it either,i know the PAC 12 network isn't on Direct TV,which is what i have,I will start the game thread for Stanford as soon as this game is over and see if anybody can come up with a stream or what TV provider is carrying it

Yes it is not carried by Direct-Tv or Charter. I had heard that they sometimes sell off their best games to sports networks like sportsouth, etc. I know a website where I can get a lot of california tv stations but don't know if any of them will carry it either.

Nia has earned some playing time I think Holly needs to give her at least five minutes per half. She has played far better than Jones or Burdick per minute played. She is averaging 4.4 points and 5.4 rebounds in 11 minutes per game so if she played 25 minutes that would be a double double.50 percent field goal percentage 8 of 16 and 100 percent from the line 6 of 6.

This is a big game for us. We need to work on correcting some of the problems and play a solid floor game. Next is Stanford and if we commit over 20 turnovers out there we'll lose by double digits. Shot selection, taking care of the basketball, and making effective passes is the goals for this game. Rebounding is one thing were doing with excellence.

Really??? against 3-7 TSU???
This is one of those games I'm embarrased if we win or lose - If we don't win by 50 I'd be shocked.

That we have them on our schedule is embarrasing enough.

There is a real game on tonight though. . . Let's see how good these Dookies really are or is it all smoke & mirrors.

This is the weirdest Lady Vol schedule I've ever seen. That said, it is still tougher than the typical schedule of many teams in the top 25, therefore, it should prepare our team as well as other teams are prepared for post-season. But I am so missing the competition & heart attacks of Pat Summitt's schedules. Put on a clinic tonight, Lady Vols!

Ball control is the Achilles heel in this team...If we will learn when to Go! and when to Whoa! we will be a much sounder program.

I'm gonna listen to Tn & record the duke/you cons game.

predicting a blow out conn win though, :(

Really??? against 3-7 TSU???
This is one of those games I'm embarrased if we win or lose - If we don't win by 50 I'd be shocked.

That we have them on our schedule is embarrasing enough.

There is a real game on tonight though. . . Let's see how good these Dookies really are or is it all smoke & mirrors.

When you commit 28 turnovers and 20 are unforced nice to have any game before Stanford even if it is just practice.

VN Store

Back