LV softball: 8th grader Ally Shipman (Madison's sister)

i like the story

The co-head coaches for the Vols, Ralph and Karen Weekly, were in town for the Early Thanksgiving Fall Showcase and last Sunday night were able to have dinner with the Coach Shipman at a Southern California Outback Steakhouse (legal by NCAA standards because he’s a club coach and because Madison is already on the college team).
Ally and her grandparents were also in the restaurant but couldn’t be at the coaches’ table. But the outstanding 14-year-old catcher certainly made her presence known.

When the check for the bill came, it was handed to Karen who opened it up to see a handwritten piece of paper inserted inside. Colored with orange and blue marker, the paper stated: “It’s great to be a Lady Vol… and that’s what I want to be! – Ally”

“I’m pretty sure Coach Karen started crying,” Ally said about the exciting way she let it be know that she’d someday be playing at Tennessee. “We have such a crazy relationship,” Ally continued, “because we’ve been close since I was six or seven years old.”

- See more at: Daily Update 11.27.13 | Student Sports Softball

Reactions: 1 person
Impossible. Everybody knows Lane Kiffin is the only coach to ever offer youngsters.

It's not at all rare for softball prospects to commit very early. In fact, it's the norm. Most of them are off the board before they start their junior year.

VN Store

Back