LADY VOL HOOPS CENTRAL: Texas

Memories regarding University of Texas = 1987 first Championship won in Austin

Clarissa Davis 36 points against LV's in full house opening game loss of our new Arena.

Reactions: 1 person
Memories regarding University of Texas = 1987 first Championship won in Austin

Clarissa Davis 36 points against LV's in full house opening game loss of our new Arena.

My little Sis( a UT student at the time) and I saw that game. What a let down but great game from Davis....

we need simmons to start playing like a senior. shes either going to make us a final four team or have us out in the sweet sixteen wishing her a merry farewell.

if she thinks Simmons can take us to the title. I respect Simmons and love her passion but her shooting is very erratic and she has not been a big-game player--at all. She simply has too many 4-15 shooting nights. In addition, she's not very good defensively either. She is someone who should be on a short leash--but Warlick seems OK with letting her do her thing--shoot--and I'm not confident it will work out. Put it this way: If we played UConn tomorrow, what the chances of Simmons having a good game? She has the second lowest shooting percentage on the team--behind Burdick, who is normally a pretty good shooter--and that's an issue because she shoots way more than anybody else. It's not a problem against lesser teams but it is a problem against top competition.

The problem is this horrible offense we run:
Not creating easy baskets for the team,
Going one on one aw okay shot clock is running out shoot it
and what does HW preach the most Rebound it to put it back!! That's horrible MS is just one that takes matters in her own hands can't blame her.

The problem is this horrible offense we run:
Not creating easy baskets for the team,
Going one on one aw okay shot clock is running out shoot it
and what does HW preach the most Rebound it to put it back!! That's horrible MS is just one that takes matters in her own hands can't blame her.
Wth are you talking about? MS will pull up and shoot a 3 on a fast break against 1 defender. Will not wait for the offense to get set up. Will/cannot play defense. Always has a silly look on her face. Has not improved in 4 years. Has several turnovers a game. Its hardly worth the 2-3 game explosions she has a year. Like the girl, hate her game. jmo

Wth are you talking about? MS will pull up and shoot a 3 on a fast break against 1 defender. Will not wait for the offense to get set up. Will/cannot play defense. Always has a silly look on her face. Has not improved in 4 years. Has several turnovers a game. Its hardly worth the 2-3 game explosions she has a year. Like the girl, hate her game. jmo

Tell me what our Offense consists of please?

if she thinks Simmons can take us to the title. I respect Simmons and love her passion but her shooting is very erratic and she has not been a big-game player--at all. She simply has too many 4-15 shooting nights. In addition, she's not very good defensively either. She is someone who should be on a short leash--but Warlick seems OK with letting her do her thing--shoot--and I'm not confident it will work out. Put it this way: If we played UConn tomorrow, what the chances of Simmons having a good game? She has the second lowest shooting percentage on the team--behind Burdick, who is normally a pretty good shooter--and that's an issue because she shoots way more than anybody else. It's not a problem against lesser teams but it is a problem against top competition.

:whistling: Oh look, a Debbie Downer in the house today. I was wondering how long it would take.

Tell me what our Offense consists of please?

I dont need to know UT's offensive sets to recognize MS inability to work within the offense. UT has always been defensive and has usually worked inside out. How many assists has she had in her career? I will admit that UT has missed on several pg's over the years. But, how can you argue we have no offense when we continue to be a top program?

guess you missed that fine assist MS just had on a massengale layup?

Damn, graves tried to draw the foul instead of just making the layup? keep it simple .....

guess you missed that fine assist MS just had on a massengale layup?

Nope, she had a couple today. The girl is talented she just cannot be a consistent player. I hate talking about players, I respect and like them all. Her game frustrates me.

VN Store

Back