Favorite all time Lady Vol?

Chamique, then Kelly Jolly Harper. I remember well watching Kelly play, but then I had the privilege of meeting her and getting to know her a bit when I was in college at UTC, as she was then an assistant coach under Wes Moore for the Lady Mocs. Her husband, Jon, was the QB for our flag football intramural team. They're a really cool and very personable couple.

They both know a thing or two about sports, as well. :)

Reactions: 1 person
images
and CP # 3 --
images

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Babi Mac went thru alot with her mom and injuries. She then chose a career that alot of people did not think she would be sucessful in. Even if you do not like rap watch the video Tennessee Honey I believe all Vol fans will like!

I have to agree the way the question was asked. Not the greatest player ever, but my favorite to watch especially bringing the ball up the court. It's Michelle Marciniak.

Loved watching Michelle play too but I gotta subract some points for the nd thing.

My "favorite" is Tamika Catchings, but my list of best baller goes like this:
1. Parker
2. Holdsclaw
3. Catchings
4. Gordon
5. Trish Roberts

Reactions: 1 person
I've liked all of our LV basketball players that have come through to play at UT. The three "meeks" were very special at the time. If there's only one girl player that I feel that's the best to come to UT & play basketball it has to be Candace Parker. She carried the team for two years on her back & won back-to-back NC banners for us. My goodness she was so good she left UT after her jr year because she had done everything that was to be done & was asked of her. EDIT: Michelle Marciniak is a very close second imo.

Last edited:
Chamique Holdsclaw
Candace Parker
Nikki McCray
Candace Parkee
Tamika Catchings

Couldn't just name one :)

(I would have loved to been able to see some of the great players from the 80's play)

Tamika Catchings is an easy choice for me. She's All-World talent but scraps every possession as if she's trying to earn the last available spot on the team.

Can't help but mentioning that watching Lisa Harrison's shooting form and release was as refreshing as swallowing ice water on a sizzling summer day. And watching Glory Johnson battling on the boards while having her eyes gouged out by the opponents was very inspiring.

I loved to watch all 3 Meeks! Also Pashen Thompson and Sydney Specer played hard all the time.

Holly Warlick, she changed the program from the day she stepped out on the practice floor in the old Alumni Gym

VN Store

Back