Tucker To Enroll In January

VN News

Jannah Tucker, part of Tennessee's 2012 fall signing class, has informed Lady Vol Basketball Head Coach Holly Warlick she plans to enroll at UT in January 2014.

More...

Reactions: 7 people
Jannah Tucker, part of Tennessee's 2012 fall signing class, has informed Lady Vol Basketball Head Coach Holly Warlick she plans to enroll at UT in January 2014.

More...

Boom!!!! She can participate in practices from January - March and have a head start for next season.

Great news! This delay, as bad as the circumstances causing it, will at least give her knee more time to completely heal.

This is great news for all Vol fans. Can't wait to see her in Big Orange. I know she'll be just dynamite of us. :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks:

Reactions: 1 person
She is going to be a fan favorite. People like seeing others fight through adversity. Also, Tucker was the first to commit to Holly so she showed faith in the program when others had their doubts. She helped get the recruiting ball rolling again for us. We repaid her by showing faith in her --- and I have to think the fans will reward her for fighting through so much to be one of us.

Welcome aboard Miss Tucker!

Reactions: 3 people
"Tennessee has always been in my corner no matter what the circumstances may be," Tucker said.

it is great to have young Miss Tucker on board for sure and we have your back young Lady

Go Vols

Reactions: 2 people
She had a tough last year and it is great that she is coming in January. Let's get behind her and welcome her to Tennessee.

Reactions: 2 people
"Tennessee has always been in my corner no matter what the circumstances may be," Tucker said.

It's good she felt the support of the Vol Nation and acknowledged it; that's what we are about; we support our school, teams, athletes. As other posters said, she needs to do what is best for her, and if she chooses UT, then she's chosen well. CHW will be great for her and Jannah will have a lot teammates she can depend on for support. Once a Lady Vol, always a Lady Vol.

Reactions: 3 people
Her decision means four players for next year not withstanding whether any of the final three on the LV list make the "right" decision. Similarly, the fact that the coaches were so positive and confidential of the circumstances says a lot about their support for their players. Other prospects will note that caring atmosphere.

So, did the coaches recruit "around" the Jannah Tucker situation; do they keep their current '14 commits and continue to pursue Jatarie White and Aja Wilson? How does the recommit of Jannah affect UT recruiting?

While I am not an "insider", I would say that the arrival/confirmation of Ms Tucker will bring an end to the recruiting of Kia Nurse. They are very similar and play the same positions. I think recruiting is done with the exception of A'ja Wilson and Jatarie White. If either or both want to attend UT, then I expect that Holly and staff will take them. If neither commits, then I suspect the final two scholarships will be held. Just my opinion.

Jim

Welcome aboard and congratulations Ms. Tucker. Looking forward to seeing you play. I expect you'll be fantastic.

While I am not an "insider", I would say that the arrival/confirmation of Ms Tucker will bring an end to the recruiting of Kia Nurse. They are very similar and play the same positions. I think recruiting is done with the exception of A'ja Wilson and Jatarie White. If either or both want to attend UT, then I expect that Holly and staff will take them. If neither commits, then I suspect the final two scholarships will be held. Just my opinion.

Jim

how many will be on the roster next year ? I'm a believer in having a solid bench and the Lady Vols have been short on bench strength for a few years,Injuries really hurt them

10 this year with one senior so 9 + Tucker + 3 freshmen = 13. So two open scholarships

13 is a lot better than the 10 they will have on roster this year,there are 10 players and 10 coaches this year,so they should be well coached :)

ooops take 2 of em out :)

Coaches

Holly Warlick - Head Coach
Pat Summitt - Head Coach Emeritus
Kyra Elzy - Assistant Coach
Jolette Law - Assistant Coach
Dean Lockwood - Assistant Coach
Michael Beaumont - Director of Basketball Operations
Janet McGee - Assistant To The Head Coach
Lee Taylor - Strength & Conditioning Coach
Josh Baney - Video Coordinator
Amber Smith - Graduate Assistant

Official Women's Basketball Roster - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

VN Store

Back